Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
AutoGlym HD wax - the results

Sure one or two of you, like me, were waiting for someone to try this stuff and report back before shelling out - the opportunity arose to "borrow" some this evening, so Rachel got to work with a bit of "help" from me!

This is paint prepped with Zymol HD Cleanse, followed by a single coat of AutoGlym HD wax - wheels are treated with MINI Seal and Protect, and AutoSmart tyre and rubber stuff..)

Apologies about the lack of outside photos - kinda got dark! Sure i'll report back with a couple more tomorrow evening.

The wax goes on and comes off as easily as any other, and the applicator makes it pretty foolproof - comparing it to Zymol Ital, i'd say application is the same, and the protection seems similar - we'll wait for a sunny day but it's certainly as glossy indoors!

S

·
0 Posts
Where are the pictures fella?

I have used HD Wax before and I was very happy with the results :D

S

·
0 Posts
That does look stunning fella!!!!

But did you know that you can upload bigger pictures using the img tag

·
Registered
303 Posts
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: lol!!!

Pics of the car look great, not so sure bout the one of me haha :lol:

Car came up a treat, looking forward to seeing it in the daylight tomoro.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: lol!!!

Pics of the car look great, not so sure bout the one of me haha :lol:

Car came up a treat, looking forward to seeing it in the daylight tomoro.
looks like you live in that cupboard with the mop heads and polishes!

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Nice work, needing to try my pot of HD........wish I had indoor space like that for it though! :)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
valet bays make life easier - you can clean whenever the moment takes you! As long as it's not hot, think the wax should go on fine, comes off like any proper wax - (Very "sticky" and needs buffing! )

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Stunning finish and equally stunning car! Ive fell in love with them since i got my MiTo and joined this forum! Since you do this for a living could you maybe give me a comparison? At present im using AG Aquawax after AG Shampoo Conditioner and the car looks stunning and shiny. It also stays alot cleaner for the whole week whereas before it was caked in dust from the Ind Est i work in. What are the benefits of HD wax over Aquawax and whats the difference?
Have you tried Dodo Juice wax or others? Its alot to pay for such a product so i want as much feedaback as poss before i splurge the cash on it Also how many coverings would you get out of a tub do you reckon? In other words will it last for yonks?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just in case you don't see it anywhere else:

Must admit i'm not the Pro - Rachel the better half is - but i've used a fair few waxes over the years so should be able to make some comparions!

I have used the quick wax type stuff before, and of course provides a bit of gloss and water beading protection, but in my opinion spending a bit more time to apply a proper wax is well worth it.

I can compare the Autoglym to Zymol Ital, which is a hugely expensive (£300 a tub?) carnauba wax - went on well, came off well, and left the car with a stunning finish - but at that price it's a bit mental!

The HD wax is more expensive than a bottle of turtle wax, but a very different product - we reckon at 25 quid, you'll pay a pound a time when you wax the car (It'll do 25/30 applications per pot) and at a wax a month, you'll have the same pot in two years time, so well worth it!

S

·
0 Posts
Hey kernowmcrae,

I use Dodo Juice Purple Haze wax followed by Autoglym EGP and find it amazing, you'll see what I mean in my pictures that I posted. Have you ever used Dodo Juice?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can't say I have - always struggled to pick a "flavour"! Extra gloss protection is good - although on my darker colour always felt it looked a bit Clinical, not deep enough compared to a carnauba wax?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Just in case you don't see it anywhere else:

Must admit i'm not the Pro - Rachel the better half is - but i've used a fair few waxes over the years so should be able to make some comparions!

I have used the quick wax type stuff before, and of course provides a bit of gloss and water beading protection, but in my opinion spending a bit more time to apply a proper wax is well worth it.

I can compare the Autoglym to Zymol Ital, which is a hugely expensive (£300 a tub?) carnauba wax - went on well, came off well, and left the car with a stunning finish - but at that price it's a bit mental!

The HD wax is more expensive than a bottle of turtle wax, but a very different product - we reckon at 25 quid, you'll pay a pound a time when you wax the car (It'll do 25/30 applications per pot) and at a wax a month, you'll have the same pot in two years time, so well worth it!
Thats interesting you say £25 because ive only seen it for £40! Are you getting it trade or something? Also have you tried the AG Aquawax?

Hey kernowmcrae,

I use Dodo Juice Purple Haze wax followed by Autoglym EGP and find it amazing, you'll see what I mean in my pictures that I posted. Have you ever used Dodo Juice?
Ive seen your pics mate and the Dodo Juice seems great also! Thats why im considering it as its £13 cheaper than the HD Wax which is quite a difference. Dont get me wrong im not just going for price, but if people are thinking D J is the nuts and as good as HD Wax then it seems logical to go for that given the price. Hmmm, one thing i havnt checked is the volume of each tub.

S

·
0 Posts
Thats interesting you say £25 because ive only seen it for £40! Are you getting it trade or something?

Ive seen your pics mate and the Dodo Juice seems great also! Thats why im considering it as its £13 cheaper than the HD Wax which is quite a difference. Dont get me wrong im not just going for price, but if people are thinking D J is the nuts and as good as HD Wax then it seems logical to go for that given the price. Hmmm, one thing i havnt checked is the volume of each tub.
Cheers fella :thumbs:

I use HD wax on my dads 147 and its perfectly good, I just fancied trying something different and never been happier with it :D:D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts