Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a collection of photos I just can't cram into one post in the detailing lounge! (WARNING - There's millions of them! )

The car was Cleaned and prepped with Zymol HD-Cleanse, followed by AutoGlym HD wax - kinda impressive!

And driving back Truro Cathedral looked amazing, so a quick sight seeing tour too... :cool:

Hope these photos are big enough - takes forever to upload a full resolution picture at 12 megapixels!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The wax:

Poor lonely MINI - cold and dirty!

Smoked out..

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Overall, very impressed with the quality of the shine and the wax - Here's Truro!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers boss! No tripod so had to go for the old ...take millions of photos and hope one turns out ok method.... but that wax is proper bo!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Awesome! I always get thirsty looking at your car when its all polished up cos of the shade of blue it is- must make me think of water or sumthin.

Looks incredible, very happy with that wax, got a lot of attention in town!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Cheers boss - well worth a look I reckon. As for posing in town Pisky, wish I had my car back! hehe

Haha :lol: Must admit im enjoying posing in it at the mo altho I didnt really do the car justice tonight in my scrubby work clothes looking decididly tired after a long day cleaning landrovers!!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Haha :lol: Must admit im enjoying posing in it at the mo altho I didnt really do the car justice tonight in my scrubby work clothes looking decididly tired after a long day cleaning landrovers!!!!
wow you clean cars for a job? that sounds like a cool job :D

·
Registered
303 Posts
It has its moments! Altho when you get a defender thats spent its life in a field you can have your work cut out for you!! But then when a brand new jag XFR crosses your path it makes it all worthwhile ;) :cool:

S

·
0 Posts
It has its moments! Altho when you get a defender thats spent its life in a field you can have your work cut out for you!! But then when a brand new jag XFR crosses your path it makes it all worthwhile ;) :cool:
Still sounds cool, I spend to much time cleaning mine!!!!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Stunning finish and equally stunning car! Ive fell in love with them since i got my MiTo and joined this forum! Since you do this for a living could you maybe give me a comparison? At present im using AG Aquawax after AG Shampoo Conditioner and the car looks stunning and shiny. It also stays alot cleaner for the whole week whereas before it was caked in dust from the Ind Est i work in. What are the benefits of HD wax over Aquawax and whats the difference?
Have you tried Dodo Juice wax or others? Its alot to pay for such a product so i want as much feedaback as poss before i splurge the cash on it:) Also how many coverings would you get out of a tub do you reckon? In other words will it last for yonks?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Must admit i'm not the Pro - Rachel the better half is - but i've used a fair few waxes over the years so should be able to make some comparions!

I have used the quick wax type stuff before, and of course provides a bit of gloss and water beading protection, but in my opinion spending a bit more time to apply a proper wax is well worth it.

I can compare the Autoglym to Zymol Ital, which is a hugely expensive (£300 a tub?) carnauba wax - went on well, came off well, and left the car with a stunning finish - but at that price it's a bit mental!

The HD wax is more expensive than a bottle of turtle wax, but a very different product - we reckon at 25 quid, you'll pay a pound a time when you wax the car (It'll do 25/30 applications per pot) and at a wax a month, you'll have the same pot in two years time, so well worth it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts