Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again,

I solve one problem and now another one is nigggling me. I've been having problems with my keys recently, I think the batteries are going. But today when they wouldn't unlock the central locking I opened the doors manualy. When I turned the key in the ignition the hazzards started blinking. The red triangle by the ashtray didnt blink but all hazzards outside the car and on the rev counter were going. They stayed on for like 30 seconds then go of for ten, then back on for 30 and of for ten. it stoped after I'd been driving for about 2 minutes. Actually pressing the hazzard button or using the indicators didn't stop it either. Has anyone encountered anything like this before. Does it have something to do with my keys not working properly as I thought it might be some kind of warning? :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
396 Posts
sounds like the alarm, if you locked it with the button the alarm will be set, but open with key alarm still set. Suprised the alarm never sounded when you opened the door, just tried mine and i could unlock it but the alarm sounded when i opened the door. Maybe its been set to silent but not sure how.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Maverick,

I bet that's what it is. I think I remember reading in the manual that the siren can be muted via a switch inside the car somewhere. Although knowing my car it's probably been disconnected!! Both my keys have now died so need to replace the batterys. Hopefully that will solve the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts