Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the years have passed I have been growing out of my hayfever and had been getting on ok this year too but this last week its been a right pain. Im not the only one either, a few people I know who have never had it before are suffering quite badly which is good to know that Im not alone :lol: I have tried taking the tablets but have no effect on me so I just take a double dose when its bad to see if that helps, its mostly first thing in the morning and last thing at night where the problem is. Living out in the sticks there are lots of long grass and fields which isnt good, I drove to work yesterday and went there with all the windows done up because as soon as I undid one I started sneezing :mad: Anyone else suffering the same?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
The other half has got it really badly this year and has had to switch to pyriton to stop it. Even I have been suffering with itchy eyes and such and I dont get it at all.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Been great until the last few days, moved onto Piriteze max strength, seems to be doing the job better than ordinary strength ones, try them.:thumbs:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been great until the last few days, moved onto Piriteze max strength, seems to be doing the job better than ordinary strength ones, try them.:thumbs:
Yep those are the ones I use but only cus they are on buy one get one free at Tesco ;)

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep fill ya boots :D

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i get loads of small spots along with my hayfever, it was quite bad last week.:(
How do you mean like a rash or spotty spots?

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
spotty spots around the sides of my mouth. tis a bit strange but they always seem to appear if i've had a dose of hayfever for a few days on the trott.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
spotty spots around the sides of my mouth. tis a bit strange but they always seem to appear if i've had a dose of hayfever for a few days on the trott.
Oh right never heard of that before :confused:

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
I've had a few good years lately, not sufferring too much.
The past few days I've been as bad as the wife, she takes pills, nose drops, eye drops and still suffers like a horses backside on the final furlong to the tape.

I'm trying to avoid the pills route but may give up if it stays like this.
I pity those who really suffer.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
It was on the news last week that its only going to get worse over the years to come with more & more people getting it, hope I grow out of it!!!

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Its that tickling at the back of ur throat thats way more annoying than any other symptom :rant:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Worst year ever for me :cry:

And the pills just put me to sleep so staying off them.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Yeah, I have been having mega sneezing fits for the last week, and the old eyes feel like they are full of grit.
I am going down Morrisons tomorrow, because their tablets worked for me last time, and they are dead cheap.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Yeah this weeks been the worst ever for me, doesn't help that I'm doing the horses for the mrs coz she's seven & a half months up the duff.
I've been taking contac which when it kicks in is great but that can take up to 4 hours tho it does last at least 6 hours it should and does last 12 hours normally but not this week.
But I'm going to the docs in the morning to get fexofenadine which is only availiable on prescription. Will report in after being your test subject so wish me luck old bean!:p

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I await the day that I "grow out" of hay fever as at 36 it's showing no signs of going anywhere!
Every March or April it's the same off I march to the quacks for the next set of pills to take (only one set left as soon as the ones I'm currently taking stop working) and then I don't know what I'm gonna do.
I've tried herbal remedies, had injections the lot!
I HATE ****ING HAY FEVER!:cry:

E

·
0 Posts
I have never had hayfever, but this year myself and some others seemed to get it at work. I am conviced it was the trees in soho square just down the road, as we all walk through that way to get to work and for a few weeks they were shedding fluff down the roads.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts