Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
If people have no respect for me or my belongings...... they aint welcome.

I don't run a clinical house by any standards, but I do expect a level of respect from anyone who comes into my house. If people feel thats anal or OCD then fine....... go get a coffee somewhere else.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
If it was clinically clean I may consider taking off my shoes, but most likely it isnt as people who walk around the house with no shoes on thinking its 'cleaner' probably dont clean their floors as often as us who do wear shoes inside.
They probably dont NEED to clean them as often.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
They probably dont NEED to clean them as often.
Considering most dirt in the house comes from skin and hair it is more in the realm of thinking that its clean rather than being any cleaner from not wearing shoes.:thumbs:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
If people have no respect for me or my belongings...... they aint welcome.

I don't run a clinical house by any standards, but I do expect a level of respect from anyone who comes into my house. If people feel thats anal or OCD then fine....... go get a coffee somewhere else.
Can I have a beer at yours if I walk about barefoot? :lol:

Also, do you happen to have "Touch and Fresh" in the bathroom?
No reason.....

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
The professional cleaning industry estimates that we track 85% of the dirt in our homes in from the outside on our shoes or paws of pets. I'll take my chances with my own skin and hair cells.

In a recent warning about lead exposure, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) specifically recommends that shoes remain outside the house. According to a report called The Door Mat Study, lead-contaminated soil from the outside causes almost all the lead dust inside homes. It notes that wiping shoes on a mat and removing them at the door cuts lead dust by 60 percent. The study explains that limiting the amount of dust and track-in may also help reduce exposure to lawn and garden pesticides, wood smoke and industrial toxins, mutagens, dust mites, and allergens.

Where have the bottom of your shoes been? If you've stopped to fill up your car, you can track home petrol or diesel on your feet. If you've walked on grass, you can track home toxic pesticides and chemical fertilizers.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Can I have a beer at yours if I walk about barefoot? :lol:

Also, do you happen to have "Touch and Fresh" in the bathroom?
No reason.....
Beers all round.... no problem.
I generally go to Pauls house for a pooh!! No meed for smelly stuff here.(I take my shoes off on the way in though.... obviously)

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
The professional cleaning industry estimates that we track 85% of the dirt in our homes in from the outside on our shoes or paws of pets. I'll take my chances with my own skin and hair cells.

In a recent warning about lead exposure, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) specifically recommends that shoes remain outside the house. According to a report called The Door Mat Study, lead-contaminated soil from the outside causes almost all the lead dust inside homes. It notes that wiping shoes on a mat and removing them at the door cuts lead dust by 60 percent. The study explains that limiting the amount of dust and track-in may also help reduce exposure to lawn and garden pesticides, wood smoke and industrial toxins, mutagens, dust mites, and allergens.

Where have the bottom of your shoes been? If you've stopped to fill up your car, you can track home petrol or diesel on your feet. If you've walked on grass, you can track home toxic pesticides and chemical fertilizers.
For one I already said I wipe my shoes on the doormat, and that isnt a recent study its from way back in 1991 and was mainly concerned with problems with lead in soil.

Myself I have had to sit through hours of talks about what makes up the dust and dirt in the house due to the other half developing worse and worse asthma and allergies. Most dirt that you may traipse in (after wiping your feet mind) is mostly harmless and quite inert as far as harmful bacteria goes. Where the real nasty bits can live is on skin cells which you have shed, dust mites which eat your cells and even more harmful is the bacteria that sits on the excrement of dust mites.

I'll take a smidgen of petrol on my shoe breaking through and clean a bit more than breathing bug crap:thumbs:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I hate shoes. Invention of the devil. More discriminatory than a chastity belt. (I base that on the fact that one normally uses ones feet for many hours each day and ....... well you get my drift I'm sure.)

I never wear shoes if I can help it, but, out of convention, I wear shoes to work or when out socially. And for running.

However, just beacause I'm barefoot I don't expect other people to remove their shoes, or indeed any other items of apparel when they visit.

Unless they want to, of course. :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I just hate arbitrary rules. Don't wear shoes. Don't drive here. Don't drink after 11pm. Don't walk on the grass. Structures and systems suffocate us. Rules and routines restrict us. What we all need is glorious freedom. Or do we? Freedom leaves us feeling confused and intoxicated. When we have too much choice we can't choose anything. We end up creating problems or obstacles, just to give us some sense of being earthbound. There must be a balance between liberty and liability.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
i dont wear my shoes in my house and therefore expect others to follow suite.

it only takes a month of not doing so before you need to vax again and god it shows!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Seems a bit unwelcoming to me. Almost like being asked not to sit in a particular chair, or not to spew in a particular sink.
:cheese::lol: So true, pals kitchen sink once in my younger days, his mum wasn't impressed.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I found it very cool/civilised in Japan. ;)

Have to do it going onto yachts too.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
Taking your shoes off in peoples houses is just common courtesy. Something that is dimminishing more and more in everyday life. Do what you like in your own home but repect what other people do in theirs.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts