Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can understand this rule at Mosques etc. - cultural etiquette and that, but I hate being asked to take shoes off at a house.

You trying to say that my choice of footwear is stinking?

Like Jack Dee said, flipping around in your socks like a bloody mental patient.

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
I once got thrown out of La Lea and ended up throwing up inside my shoe! Needless to say i went barefoot for the rest of the evening.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I once got thrown out of La Lea and ended up throwing up inside my shoe! Needless to say i went barefoot for the rest of the evening.
More shocked that you got *into* La Lea :lol::lol:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I always take my shoes off when I go inside, both at my house and anyone elses house. Its just manners aint it?

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
I always take my shoes off when I go inside, both at my house and anyone elses house. Its just manners aint it?
I wouldn't take my shoes off to go into someones home, if they don't want dirty marks on the floor, buy a brown carpet as i'm far too concerned with 'elf n' safety to take my hush puppies off.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I wouldn't take my shoes off to go into someones home, if they don't want dirty marks on the floor, buy a brown carpet as i'm far too concerned with 'elf n' safety to take my hush puppies off.
Hush Puppies? :rolleyes:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe it's a generational or suburbia thing. Maybe I'm an ill-mannered git. My shoes are my feet armour against bits of glass and unsocketed plugs.

Fair enough if I was down my friends farm helping him change the LHM on a CX or something, I would take them off, but when I am calling in with clean shoes, I take it as an insult. Like my house and my car are absolutely stinking and therefore I will walk my germs around their house.

I only ever take them off when I am totally relaxing.

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
We in the "house of Dermo's" always take our shoes off ... its just what is "normal" and we have floor tiles mostly so nothing to do with marking carpets

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't knock 'em, every pair of shoes i've bought for work in the past 5year have been Hush Puppies, i quite like em, very durable and comfortable.
Google image search for hush puppies shows:
- Shoes
- Dogs
- Some sort of battered food
Glad I have safesearch on too....

Found a taxdisc holder for your 147 too! :

Attachments

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Maybe it's a generational or suburbia thing. Maybe I'm an ill-mannered git. My shoes are my feet armour against bits of glass and unsocketed plugs.

Fair enough if I was down my friends farm helping him change the LHM on a CX or something, I would take them off, but when I am calling in with clean shoes, I take it as an insult. Like my house and my car are absolutely stinking and therefore I will walk my germs around their house.

I only ever take them off when I am totally relaxing.
Well I'm mostly in my work boots, last time I went in the room with them on I got on one knee to fuss the dog and when I got up dragged the side of my boot on the carpet only to see that I had a dirty great big blob of greese on it off my trailer. Made a hell of a mess and I got a load of ear ache! I didnt clean it up though, it was about 4am and I would only make it worse, a good excuse :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I'm mostly in my work boots, last time I went in the room with them on I got on one knee to fuss the dog and when I got up dragged the side of my boot on the carpet only to see that I had a dirty great big blob of greese on it off my trailer. Made a hell of a mess and I got a load of ear ache! I didnt clean it up though, it was about 4am and I would only make it worse, a good excuse :lol:
:lol: "Didn't want to make any noise" a fine excuse :thumbs:
Had a summer job during uni cleaning soot out of industrial boilers, pretty dirty job.
Always made sure the boots were off before entering B+Bs, always paranoid about leaving dirty marks.

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Found a taxdisc holder for your 147 too! :
Good find as i had Alfa Romeo Alloy Metal Taxdisc holders and they went faulty (wouldn't stick to the window) thus were no good for the job they were designed for! Reminded me very much of the 147 in general.

I am quite easy going in real life but there is one thing that goes beyound an etiquette faux pas and into the dizzying heights of ignorance.......someone coming into your home and touching Your Television Remote.:mad:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Don't knock 'em, every pair of shoes i've bought for work in the past 5year have been Hush Puppies, i quite like em, very durable and comfortable.
:looser:

We in the "house of Dermo's" always take our shoes off ... its just what is "normal" and we have floor tiles mostly so nothing to do with marking carpets
Dam right Dermo ;)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
People are practically made to take their shoes off getting in my shiny new car let alone my house. As for the burger one of my cheeky friends purchased after scrounging a lift, I nearly hyperventilated!

Always take shoes off when visiting people, such a calamity if anyone is going to dirty their cream carpets it's bound to be me & I'd feel sooo guilty! Don't expect people to remove footwear at my house though up to them.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good find as i had Alfa Romeo Alloy Metal Taxdisc holders and they went faulty (wouldn't stick to the window) thus were no good for the job they were designed for! Reminded me very much of the 147 in general.

I am quite easy going in real life but there is one thing that goes beyound an etiquette faux pas and into the dizzying heights of ignorance.......someone coming into your home and touching Your Television Remote.:mad:
Or if you are watching something and they call in, and they start complaining "Oh I don't like that" / "We don't watch that". Usually during F1, football fans going "Oh they're just driving round" Yea like your sportsmen kick a bloody ball about and you have an almost rainman-like obsession with numbers concerning every single match in the last bloody 25 years. Or Top Gear "Oh I hate that Clarkson" well I hate your bloody JEREMY F-ING KYLE :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Then the ones that insist on playing their crap R and/or B music on their iPods on your car stereo. NO!!! WE WILL LISTEN TO MY 80S CDS :mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
People are practically made to take their shoes off getting in my shiny new car let alone my house. As for the burger one of my cheeky friends purchased after scrounging a lift, I nearly hyperventilated!

Always take shoes off when visiting people, such a calamity if anyone is going to dirty their cream carpets it's bound to be me & I'd feel sooo guilty! Don't expect people to remove footwear at my house though up to them.
Back when i first bought my car, i also purchased a set of uber luxury thick car matts with red leather piping and the Alfa Romeo Snake along with 147 embroided into them. Within a week i ruined them with really mucky feet.:rolleyes: and as my car now thinks its York Road Baths they are pretty much fooked.

As for Cream carpets etc. I don't know how anyone would A: want them B: be willing to keep them clean. I got a Cream Sofa 18months ago and it looks like crap now and needs professionally cleaned every 2/3months ffs.

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Then the ones that insist on playing their crap R and/or B music on their iPods on your car stereo. NO!!! WE WILL LISTEN TO MY 80S CDS :mad::mad::mad::mad:
I can't wait till the 29th now, you my friend will hear ear bleeding good 80's music from my Vengabus!:lol:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As for the burger one of my cheeky friends purchased after scrounging a lift, I nearly hyperventilated!

Yes, I had a friend bought a McDonalds when drunk and I was the designated driver that night, managed to get lettuce and onion all round the handbrake surround of my old Xantia. And another friend decided it was funny to throw chocolate milkshake out the window, and it went all round the passenger door.

Needless to say I knocked the designated driver thing on the head and had a drink and got taxis after that.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts