Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
That's the part where you hope it all comes back ok.

You'll be pleased to see it all properly Red again, rather than Fifty Shades of paint fade, synonymous with the Rosso at a certain age.

Will be good to see the progress :thumbs:

·
Registered
897 Posts
I was watching one of these "Car Chasers " shows on ITV 4 and they did a full re spray on 3 days !

Out of interest how much is the average touch up ....

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
i paid £160 to have all the glass removed and it shows there are no "paint to" lines

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
they are all bonded in but re used all the trims that were there originally i am not sure if the seals are still available..................... i think if its done right its easy reusable i cant tell they are re used and i am very picky !!

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Better not get any overspray on those Cup wheels ;)

-Alex

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Attachments

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
sort of gain confidence dont you when you see an old e-type being painted in there paint shop

might want to suggest a barrier coat of paint on the bonnet so it does not react................. its not metal remember hybrid plastic he may not have done one before

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Seen plenty of his work so totally trust him but I know what you mean about the jag, glass taken out this week he's on holiday now for 2 weeks when he gets back his team will have it fully prepped and in the booth waiting.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All done and ready for collection tomorrow

Attachments

·
Registered
606 Posts
Awesome! im gonna say this now so you wont have to deal with the scratches in the future but get a glass/ceramic coating, you have to let the paint air for 30 days before adding the coating after a respray but after that get that **** coated. you can do it your self if you want, its not hard at all.

a) DuPont's SupraShield™, PPG's Optech™ and CeramiClear™ Clear Coat are all binary clear coat compositions using ceramic particles designed to offer long-term scratch resistance, gloss and durability and is applied as a final coating over a traditional clear coat, CeramiClear™ has an approximate thickness of 7.5 µ (0.5 Mil) this top layer also contains the paint systems UV protection

b) Opti-Coat ™ , C.Quartz, G|Techniq, Nanolex and etc. Surfaces sealed with Nanotechnology sealants repel water, oil and dirt, have antistatic characteristics and protect against chemical and biological damage, they also offer scratch resistance. Water, oil and dirt can be removed easily, but if the car is very dirty it can be cleaned with a high pressure hose and a microfiber cloth.

when cured most of these coatings are harder then clear coat, some are close to smartphone protection glass (9H)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts