Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I just wondered if anyone here has put on their heating at home yet?

Granted, my inbuilt thermostat runs pretty hot, so i'm not as sensitive to the cold, but am i alone in still not putting any heating on yet? It's been 'mild', sometimes 'nippy' but nothing like 'freezing' yet. So no point to fire up the heating yet...and you?

M

·
0 Posts
I don't have central heating. I put the heater in the hall onto the lowest setting at the start of the month. Allowing for the fact that I recorded 5 degrees C in the kitchen last year...well, that gives an idea of the warmth inside my igloo:lol:

However, whilst on the lowest setting, it'll be some time until I turn the heat up...,I'm quite happy with donning more layers.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have central heating. I put the heater in the hall onto the lowest setting at the start of the month. Allowing for the fact that I recorded 5 degrees C in the kitchen last year...well, that gives an idea of the warmth inside my igloo:lol:

However, whilst on the lowest setting, it'll be some time until I turn the heat up...,I'm quite happy with donning more layers.
watchya boss! you keeping ok matey? :thumbs:

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
R

·
0 Posts
i live with a woman, hence the heating has been on for a while now
+1

utter lunacy. I'm a reasonable man but it does my head in !:mad: It's 17 degrees outside and yet we have a small blast furnace in the corner of every room :confused:

I also hate the way I feel when I wake up in the morning to a house with the heating on, never as sparky as when you just jump out of bed and deal with the cold.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Mine too Sif.:): Two days ago it was out with the old NeilMed sinus rinse apparatus for a good suck an blow through to shift the mucky stuff which was absolutely thick and foul. :vomit:

Works wonders and stops that aggravating catarrh build up in my right ear. :thumbs:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Mine works for half an hour early on each evening then chucks a fault code out and shuts down! Its like groundhog day with the bloody thing. Having it on is only to dry the washing.

Should have a log buning stove fitted shortly, already have a couple of tonnes of oak logs sat dry and ready. Be nice to have warm feet.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Can't beat a solid fuel type stove for cosy comfort, and the by product ash was good for clay soil where we lived once too. :thumbs:

·
Registered
20,969 Posts
If you have a gas fire, put it on setting 1 and leave it on over the whole of the
winter, day and night ... it doesn't cost as much as you think

and your house stays warm:)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
That makes sound sense Q. That's what we do with our system when it gets really cold. :): As I have said I replaced all of the TRV (thermostatic radiator valves) as the old ones were kaput. So now we can zone control the heating much better.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Yes. It's set for 18 degrees & left on permanently.

We had a scheme in our area recently that allowed us free cavity wall insulation & we've both commented that the house is warmer & the heating kicks in far less frequently than it did last year:cool:

PS. Our bedroom rad is never on & we alway sleep with the window ajar, despite living next to the A45:)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts