Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market to buy a used GT (probably 2.0 JTS) and have been looking over the last few months. There were several used 07 plates with leather for £10,000 - £11,000. Now it seems that they are all £12,750 and above with many of them over £13,000.

Is there a sudden shortage of used GT's that has put the price up.

I suppose this is great for the GT owners but not so good for me who is looking to change my 156 for a GT........ I've even started to look at other makes of car.

Anyone else noticed this?:confused:

R

·
0 Posts
Nah they are cheap as chips you could swap an Amulet made from hens teeth for one :)

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
We've been looking for a good late used GT selespeed (wife wont/cant drive a manual):rolleyes: with the right spec for ages now,usually there are half a dozen about(they are rare- ish).There are none:)eek:) available that i can see at the moment.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I did notice this and thought it was my little imagination and lack of sleep getting to me. I have been looking for a GT Blackline 1.9JTD and they have gone up as much as 500 quid at a some dealers.

Paul

·
Registered
583 Posts
I got mine in January (2005 2.0jts) for a decent price from a main dealer. Last month I got a online quote for mine out of boredom and it's worth £700 more than I paid for it :).

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
All second hand prices are on the up due to the lack of new car sales, and so the usual turnover in the market has dried up and shortage is push the prices up.

·
Registered
38,288 Posts
There is a sods law aspect too.

There are always loads of cars available in your price range when you are not able to buy one, but when you are able to buy one, there are none ;)

G

·
0 Posts
petrol ones are more expensive used than the diesels, even tho it is the other way around when new.
so maybe get a diesel one for a cheaper cost and more variety of choice to choose from.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Our 3.2 GT nose dived price wise last year due to the stupid tax fiasco. Won't affect us as it'll always be with us:cool: Gotta be a future classic!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Our 3.2 GT nose dived price wise last year due to the stupid tax fiasco. Won't affect us as it'll always be with us:cool: Gotta be a future classic!
I'd swap it for the 2.0 GT if your struggling :lol::lol:

ps you've blanked me twice now outside touchwood :tut:

·
Registered
16,125 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Went to a dealer on Friday and he said that there is a shortage of GT's on the market especially 06 and 56 plates, and this is pushing the price up.

G

·
0 Posts
there is an 04 diesel gt on ebay at the moment £5500 with no bids 2 hours to go absulute bargain i think.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've started to look at the Brera, some of the 2.2 petrol petrol cars are now similar prices as the GT. Any opinions........ a 2.0 JTS GT or a 2.2 JTS Brera. Are the servicing costs of a Brera higher that a GT?

G

·
0 Posts
I've started to look at the Brera, some of the 2.2 petrol petrol cars are now similar prices as the GT. Any opinions........ a 2.0 JTS GT or a 2.2 JTS Brera. Are the servicing costs of a Brera higher that a GT?
Depends if you need back seats. I have owned a GT 2.0 JTS and the amount of room in it for a coupe is remarkable. The Brera's I have looked at (i'm getting one soon *) remind me very much of the GTV for rear seats i.e ok for kids and small dogs :lol:. The 2.0 JTS is a very good engine but I found it quite muted so a different exhaust and induction will improve it loads. I hear the same about the 2.2 JTS to be honest. If you can afford it I'd say go for the Brera due to it being a newer and more solidly built car. I also think it just edges it in looks...the reason for buying a coupe at the end of the day ;)

* I have no idea if I'm going to buy a 2.2 or 2.4 Brera. The torque with a remap in the 2.4 slightly edges it but the lightness and the lack of the diesel rattle are making me think seriously about the 2.2. Like I mentioned earlier I will change the exhaust and induction if I do get a 2.2. It's just a shame I can't quite push my budget to a used 2.2 JTS S

G

·
0 Posts
P.S If I was to get a GT again I think the Blackline would be a great used buy at the moment. Stunning looking car that close the gap on looks with the Brera even more

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Graham P........ is there really more room in the rear of the GT. I thought the Brera was a bigger car?

Havig privately sold my beloved 156 today, I am now in the market to buy either a petrol 2.0 JTS GT or a 2.2 JTS Brera. I know the in's and out's of the GT as it is very similar to the 156, but whats the story with the Brera.

Can anyone give me the rundown on the different models and what you get with each..... and when the major service intervals are. ie. does the Brera need a cambelt every 3 years like the GT....... I have heard that they have chains rather than belts, is that right.

G

·
0 Posts
Yep definitely more room in the GT. There's almost as much legroom as in my current 147

You are right there is no cambelt change on the Brera which is a relief I must say

The basic spec for a Brera is 17" alloys and Alfatex interior. Best to try and get one with leather and 18" alloys as the car is far too big and imposing for 17" alloys I feel. I'm not sure if they made any witout the SV option but there certainly doesn't seem to be any for sale. The early models came with black/grey or blue/tobacco and red/tan leather combos. No tan leather on it's own which I'm a bit gutted about. A black Brera with tan leather would have look superb!!! I'm sure the Brera owners on here will have much more info than me

If you do opt for a GT definitely have a look at the Blackline. Whenever I see one I am very impressed. I think Guests have a couple in

P.S Wherebouts in Halesowen are you? I lived there for 8 years in Hayley Green. Went to Lutley Middle, The Earls High School and Halesowen College

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
On Abbeyfiedls estate, just down the road..... small world!

Thanks for the info.... plenty to think about.

I notice two cars on Autotrader, one being just a 2.2 JTS and the other a 2.2 JTS SV. I presume the SV has better spec?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts