Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
win.32Brontok, Its an email worm virus. If you havnt got it yet my guess is that you will shortly.
:mad:

·
Registered
37,344 Posts
Can this be spread through web based email like yahoo mail?

As that is what I use solely.

I never open attachments from unknown sources on emails, and most of them will end up in the spam folder anyway.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can this be spread through web based email like yahoo mail?

As that is what I use solely.

I never open attachments from unknown sources on emails, and most of them will end up in the spam folder anyway.

Is the yahoo email like the one on this website if so then no, But if it is like AOL then yes.

The worst thing about it is that i pay £80.00 for Norton security and £50.00 for Avast! security and both of them knew it was incoming and still allowed it into my laptop :rant:

And they do not come as an attatchment and may well come from an email from your friend or work collegue without them knowing that they are sending it to you!!

·
Registered
37,344 Posts
The Yahoo mail, is supposed to scan automatically any attachments, but TBH I don't trust it.

I will open all attachments at work on their computer for the time being I think. :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Yahoo mail, is supposed to scan automatically any attachments, but TBH I don't trust it.

I will open all attachments at work on their computer for the time being I think. :D
Yeh thats what norton and avast are suppost to do, they found the virus but still let it onto my computer which then sends its-self in an email to all your contacts.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Think you might be overpaying for Avast. £30 gets pro for a year.

Download spybot. Its another free one, thats great for geting shot of worms, virus and even rootkit. I have it set up so it only scans when I choose and Avast for web etc.

I used to get loads of trouble with Norton and Mcafee, but since I was recomended avast and spybot by our IT man, I have remained virus free while online about 16 hours a day.

Spybot Search & Destroy 2009

·
Registered
37,344 Posts
I use Spybot as well, I think it's a great program.

I also use the free version of Avast.

The combination of these 2 has kept me virus free, but our work computers that use Mcafee are always getting viruses.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I use Spybot as well, I think it's a great program.

I also use the free version of Avast.

The combination of these 2 has kept me virus free, but our work computers that use Mcafee are always getting viruses.
And another thing......
Avast doesn't slow things down when its running in the background. Unlike Mcafee in particular.... but AVG and Norton are almost as bad.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Think you might be overpaying for Avast. £30 gets pro for a year.

Download spybot. Its another free one, thats great for geting shot of worms, virus and even rootkit. I have it set up so it only scans when I choose and Avast for web etc.

I used to get loads of trouble with Norton and Mcafee, but since I was recomended avast and spybot by our IT man, I have remained virus free while online about 16 hours a day.

Spybot Search & Destroy 2009
They are both crap, i first scanned with avast and it found 3 worms, i did not delete them. Then i done a scan with norton and it picket up 1 worm:confused: so did not notice the other 2. Then i deleted both, the ones on avast and norton and there is still a windows firewall security telling me that i have a virus. My computer also is online most of the day, and only in the past week or so have i had any trouble. I am definatly paying £50.00 for avast (its the business one though not the personal) recieving hundreds of emails a day i figured it was worth paying the extra, but still dont work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts