1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever heard the sound of a 33?

I bet most of you have....

BUT

Have you ever heard the sound of a 33 when it has been sitting still for 2 months and you start it up without any warming at -20C degrees.

And like always, it started up without hesitation at the first try! Thou the sound the engine made was a bit sad :eek:

IMO The Alfa boxer engine IS the most reliable engine on very cold weather ... You should hear and see how the 5 years old 159 2.4 JTDm struggles to start at these temperatures!

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
JKBsprint tells me stories of how his Sprint not only started with no hesitation in -25 -30 but also was the only car along with toyota pickups that could be driven in the snow ... All other cars had problems starting or even manage to unstuck handbrake which was frozen from cold....

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Although it is not as cold here in England, I remember my first Alfa, ser 2 1.7 8v.
1 - 1 1/2 pumps on the throttle pedal before starting, no choke, it would start first time on the button, then it was time to scrape the ice of the windscreen :)

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
think it was a little lean. Was doing a quick carb balance today and started turning out the idle mixture screws a little and the rpm started to rise so obviously they were on the lean side at idle.

Will work on them more at the weekend.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Vapour lock, I have fitted 3 different engines and they all suffered the same symptons when sat in heavy traffic in the Summertime. Quite often would cut out or stall easily and took a good few pumps of the pedal to re-start.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts