Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...how if you see a car with a brake light out, it's ALWAYS a VAG group car?

keep an eye out - next time you see a duff brake light, i guarantee it'll be on the back of a vw, audi, skoda or seat :thumbs:

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Dunno abut rear but it seems acceptable for folk round here to drive roundat night with one headlight...

Not enough police about :(

My local manned police station is 12 miles away :(

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Spotted a Vectra last night who's nearside headlamp only came on with the corresponding indicator :rolleyes:
And a slightly chavved up MkIV Golf with a brake light out...

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,489 Posts
See how many Renaults you notice with rear cluster problems. Tail lights work ok but when they brake, right brake light works, left tail light goes out and left indicator comes on

And they say italians cant do electrics

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I've definitely noticed more headlights out since the recession.

The VAG's are probably hoping someone will go into the back of them so that they can get a better car :D

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,489 Posts
I have to admit, my 145 is suffering from tail light problems currently :(

Dodgy connection, both tail and brake bulb filaments work fine either side but an iffy connection stops the right side brake light working most of the time :eek:

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Spotted a Vectra last night who's nearside headlamp only came on with the corresponding indicator :rolleyes:
My mum's BMW 318i was exactly the same. Build Quality and reliability my arse. Had to go to the dealers overnight on more than one occasion to rectify. To be fair it can happen to any car, but the point is their reputation is unjustified, it's a myth created through decades of heavy marketing.

·
Registered
38,288 Posts
At least when the brakes lights don't work on VAG cars you can actually see the indicators for once.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
I've not noticed VAG brake lights particularly.I do notice their awful headlight with beam splatter all over the place though and DRLs on Audi cars that burn your retinas. I'm going to be looking at brake lights all the time now :(

Fixing faulty lights is not always that simple these days. My Vectra had a bulb failure warning on the dash but it was not obvious which bulb needed replacement due to the way the system uses other bulbs in the event of a failure. The left side brake light was dimmer than the right side but it was the right side that had a duff bulb.

·
Registered
38,288 Posts
I decided to test out Al's theory tonight.

Low and behold the first car I saw with a Duff Brake light was a W reg V5 Golf.

·
Registered
35,763 Posts
Totally agree.Generally it's a Golf.Its your perceived quality you know.Obviously a superficial attribute but very important.Some headlamp bulbs are a serious job to replace .

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
seriously - keep an eye out, next one you see will be on the back of a VAG motor

i first noticed it back in 1998/99 when i had a couple of a3's and brake light bulbs went pop on a regular basis

1 - 15 of 15 Posts