Alfa Romeo Forum banner

661 - 677 of 677 Posts

·
Administrator
86,651 Posts

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
The mission of the BBC is to “act in the public interest, serving all audiences through the provision of impartial, high-quality and distinctive output and services which inform, educate and entertain".
They also do Top Gear.
That's a bit of a lobblox statement. There's plenty of programmes I wouldn't watch coming out of the BBC. Eastenders is one that comes to mind. Doesn't mean they shouldn't produce it as there's clearly an audience.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
I thoroughly enjoyed it. Best Top Gear since the three amigos left. Flintoff was annoying in the previous series but 100% entertaining last Sunday. Also must have balls of steel. I enjoyed the whole show, love the old car specials.

Hoping this weekend it will be as good.

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
I thoroughly enjoyed it. Best Top Gear since the three amigos left. Flintoff was annoying in the previous series but 100% entertaining last Sunday. Also must have balls of steel. I enjoyed the whole show, love the old car specials.

Hoping this weekend it will be as good.
Agreed. Flintoff's best one so far for me. That guy has no fear.
Guy Martin would've got two 2-hour shows of material out of that single stunt!

·
Registered
8,722 Posts
Decent enough episode. McGuiness is still a ****** though. I hated that Clarkson always had to win every challenge and I hate that the producers have continued to think that the lead presenter always has to win.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I must have missed that.
From what I saw, although the McGuiness truck did well, it stalled in the water. So didn't finish the milbrook test, then got beat by Flintoff over the mountain.
So I don't see where " the lead presenter always has to win".
Mick.

661 - 677 of 677 Posts