Alfa Romeo Forum banner

641 - 660 of 677 Posts

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
That's my birthday....so it better be good! My eyesight might be too bad and I might be too frail to be able to sit up straight for a whole hour by then though!!!

·
Administrator
86,651 Posts

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
Wow, I didn't think they had it in them after the Christmas special, but that was very entertaining.
A good series opener for once!

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
Did you manage to drag yourself away from the forum for 5 minutes to see a bit?

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
Last Of The Summer Wine was a documentary was it not? Nobody I know called it entertainment.
Presumably you're 'of that generation...'?

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
As Harris said, Flintoff has big berries to do that stunt. No way would you catch me doing that.
It raised a few chuckles so it did its job on a cold Sunday evening.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
I had to watch it...especially as the opening scene with the three cabs was shot in my home town a couple of miles from my house and I was watching it being filmed!

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
I enjoyed that. Flintoff is a complete lunatic but I do find him very entertaining.

·
Premium Member
77,205 Posts
The missus really enjoyed it. The Atom bit was dull - so what if it is 15% more rigid, corners 9% more flatly etc,

The bungee was terrifying.....and I liked the handbrake gag.

·
Registered
33,257 Posts
“ ...then it isn't worth watching anymore.”
Which is fine if it’s new attempt by a cable channel. It’s a product of the BBC which is paid for by the licence fee. I’m not looking for boot capacity figures,like they did on Wheelbase when I was a child, but there appears to be no research or attempts to get a theme to bind it all together. There are 25 of those Metros on a SORN....

·
Premium Member
77,205 Posts
“ ...then it isn't worth watching anymore.”
Which is fine if it’s new attempt by a cable channel. It’s a product of the BBC which is paid for by the licence fee. I’m not looking for boot capacity figures,like they did on Wheelbase when I was a child, but there appears to be no research or attempts to get a theme to bind it all together. There are 25 of those Metros on a SORN....
I think you have 2 options. 1) write to the BBC and ask for a % refund on all of the content you don't enjoy; or 2) watch summat else instead. I don't see any other options, and I think 1 might be problematic.

·
Registered
33,257 Posts
The mission of the BBC is to “act in the public interest, serving all audiences through the provision of impartial, high-quality and distinctive output and services which inform, educate and entertain".
They also do Top Gear.

641 - 660 of 677 Posts