Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope you are all tucked up nice and warm. It has been hell up here on the moors. This is the first time we have had power for 8 hours. Lost a couple of nice pots in the garden and a few limbs of various trees.....and the cat.
I will not be finishing the GTV suspension rebuild this weekend!!

R

·
0 Posts
Yeovil calling, we had one hell of a rough night with gales, torrential rain and believe it or not thunder ( unusual in a gale ) one of the neighbours has "tree" on his bonnett but the rest of the cars escaped.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Hope you are all tucked up nice and warm. It has been hell up here on the moors. This is the first time we have had power for 8 hours. Lost a couple of nice pots in the garden and a few limbs of various trees.....and the cat.
I will not be finishing the GTV suspension rebuild this weekend!!
Glad you're all safe.
Hope the cat has just gone into hiding and hasn't been hurt. :(

Not so bad in Suffolk but kept me awake all night!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
We had a terrible night in South Wales, 70 mph winds and torrential rain. Made me chuckle when the weather girl on the local news said " Avoid going out tonight if you can and whatever you do, definatly do not go out on the Water"
I was up at 0100 and boarding a 30000 tonne coal ship at 0215 to take her into Newport:lol:

·
Registered
237 Posts
As Firecracker said, its not been to bad here in Suffolk, just heavy rain showers and lots of wind, plenty of surface water about too.
Was hoping to get on with working on my 146 today, but no chance with this weather!

Hope your cat is ok Alibob!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The cat was in the whole time. It has just appeared from the cardboard box with all my Polybushes in! You have never seen a more over the top package; 4 small packs of bushes, 4 cubic meters of giant bubble wrap and box big enough to classified in Cornwall as "Affordable Housing".
BTW it has turned into a lovely afternoon.

·
Registered
910 Posts
We had a terrible night in South Wales, 70 mph winds and torrential rain. Made me chuckle when the weather girl on the local news said " Avoid going out tonight if you can and whatever you do, definatly do not go out on the Water"
I was up at 0100 and boarding a 30000 tonne coal ship at 0215 to take her into Newport:lol:
iam sending one one of my trucks to merthyer tydfil tonight its leaving essex at 1 oclock in the morning i hope it gets back:)

·
Premium Member
42,857 Posts
Alright here in the Midlands... no damage to report :)

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
The cat was in the whole time. It has just appeared from the cardboard box with all my Polybushes in! You have never seen a more over the top package; 4 small packs of bushes, 4 cubic meters of giant bubble wrap and box big enough to classified in Cornwall as "Affordable Housing".
BTW it has turned into a lovely afternoon.

Relieved to hear that the cat's ok. :thumbs:

Been tipping it down all day here - seemed like 10pm since breakfast! :(

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Finally got around to building up my fence last weekend - 7' high by about 10' long. This weekend has been a decent test for it, still in one piece :)

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
We have had a massive hailstorm and some good downpours.

Just hope the baby chick will be ok, I only put it out yesterday. (Although I did make a hot water bottle for it ) :)

If the electric goes out I lose 18 eggs in the incubator too.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm just South of Bury St Edmunds, and we've had no hailstorms, or mini tornados to my knowledge, just lots of rain to stop me working on my car.
Hail and tornados must have bypassed me!:)

J

·
0 Posts
it's still a bit fresh out there now, although the rain has relented a bit.

supposed t be like this for the remainder of the week....joy, might get the kite out :D

·
Registered
568 Posts
It has been a manic week for us in West Cornwall. I am an aerial rigger and we have been rushed off our feet replacing broken aerial poles and rusted out Sky dishes that where brought to their untimely demise by the harsh winds.

On a more positive note, I can now afford that car stereo I have been promising myself. :thumbs: :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts