Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought some new GTa style wheels for Bertie and was tempted into non silver ones byt the salesman, not sure they improve the looks but may have made her look meaner what do you think people? (1st pic shows old alloys which maybe available for a nominal fee with decent tyres)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Spoilt? No not at all in my opinion. Better than the last ones imho.

Overall::p

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
I think they look ok - as Phoenicks say, better than the last ones :cool: .

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I don't think either set of wheels suit the car, sorry.

:(

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
They look as if you put the spare on all four corners and hand sprayed them with aerosol from halfords.........SORRY!!!:confused:

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not sure myself, I acutually rang up to by the silver coloured alloys, not knowning these existed, so I ended up buying them in an instant decsion, think they'd need less cleaning, did realise they be quite so green looking, probably suit a white bertie better. But since I rarely see her from the outside, and driving is such a pleasure (improved since I had the tracking redone and the steering will is now straight) I'll not not get too upset.:)

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
please accept my apologies as i dont know much about these wheels but the do look like they have lost their hubcaps:(

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Half the joy is ogling our bellas though, treat her to some prettier shoes and she'll reward you for it ;)

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
IMO Silver wheels look better than black on a red car so I would have gone for Silver GTA style wheels . But as we are into 'taste' ....... ;)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Silver alloys look better on that car IMHO, but no you haven't spoilt it as such, was half expecting to see Lexus light... :(

·
Registered
827 Posts
You have such a beautiful car..those wheels dont do it justice if you ask me.How about some momo vega's?

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
I like the style of the wheels, but the colour doesn't seem to work as well as I'd imagine the silver ones would. Personally I don't think black suits period cars, but as long as you're happy with them, and you seem to be, don't worry about what other people think. Otherwise it looks like you've got a fabulous car. :)
--Toronto

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
selespeed said:
You certainly haven't spoiled her, but I personally would have preferred the silver GTA alloys.
Seconded
FLO said:
:p It'll look fine once you've got some Halfords wheel trims on...........:D
:cheese:

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Toronto Spider said:
I like the style of the wheels, but the colour doesn't seem to work as well as I'd imagine the silver ones would. Personally I don't think black suits period cars, but as long as you're happy with them, and you seem to be, don't worry about what other people think. Otherwise it looks like you've got a fabulous car. :)
--Toronto
Yup.
;)

What size tyres have you gone for Nick? Are the rims 6 or 7"?
:confused:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts