Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. Just a quickie of anyone knows... I've got a date with a dealer to get me my ics code. It's a July 2002 166, with a Becker 2580. But, on a previous thread out alludes to the fact that the 2580 was only in the face lift cars, and that pre-fl cars would have the 2569. Is that right? If so, it must have been changed and I can't imagine the dealer is going to be able to help me, even though they want the codes and serial number etc off the unit... Mine is of course a pre facelift car...

·
Registered
10,934 Posts
Hey. Just a quickie of anyone knows... I've got a date with a dealer to get me my ics code. It's a July 2002 166, with a Becker 2580. But, on a previous thread out alludes to the fact that the 2580 was only in the face lift cars, and that pre-fl cars would have the 2569. Is that right? If so, it must have been changed and I can't imagine the dealer is going to be able to help me, even though they want the codes and serial number etc off the unit... Mine is of course a pre facelift car...
That's a million dollar question Meg.

Huv a butchers at
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-164-and-166/798882-ics-code.html#post11872754

Eye fur wan don't think even Sceptic/Septic Peg hus the answer tay that wan.

Looks as iff its secret squirrel stuff the answer tay that simple question.

OR those that day know don't wanna let on.

Pomeo

·
Registered
10,934 Posts
OR
Was it an implemented change at the CF2 to CF3 model transition.

Pomeo

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it's likely the original one then Pomeo. It's a Cf3. Will soon find out anyway when the dealer laughs me out of the shop �� That's next week though as I'm still waiting for the updated v5.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the code was already in it, I think it would, yes. My understanding is that if you've lost your code, you can press those buttons to get into the secret menu deally, but if you're already locked out then you can't. Either way, I have pressed those and nothing happens..Sob

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could do but they cost going on half of what I paid for the car, so I'm not doing that on principal.. I'll try the dealer first, else I'll get it out and give it to a local firm to read the eprom to get the code. It'll be cheaper than the two hundred squid whatever happens.

·
Registered
10,934 Posts
Could do but they cost going on half of what I paid for the car, so I'm not doing that on principal.. I'll try the dealer first, else I'll get it out and give it to a local firm to read the eprom to get the code. It'll be cheaper than the two hundred squid whatever happens.
Guess what eye fun looking fur summit else.
Code for autoradio alfa romeo 166 - eCoustics.com

Oor very ain hay is the man.He kens his onions that boy.

Metal stamp eye spies wie my wee eyes....So eye um surmising....IS it jis the 2569 that has the metal stamping / typing on the casing?

IF so eye huv a spare 2580 wie nay code :cry:

Pomeo

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I couldn't see any metal stamp of the code on mine. People have said it exists but I've not seen a picture anywhere of one. My 2580 has no stamp anywhere that I can see but there are labels with the serial number and things, but no different from other peoples pictures. They've said in that link ' plug it into a laptop' but my understanding is that it's far more difficult than that and involves removing the flash chip by un soldering it, wiring it into a caddy, and then reading it, then soldering it back in to the mainboard. Haven't heard of any success stories using any other method, bar hoping a dealer can look it up from theirs or alfa/fiats databases.

·
Registered
10,934 Posts
No way you got a 166 for £50.
On that principal and working from first principles (auld maffs days:lol:) and applying simple ARITHMETIC he Mustapha goat it fur £15. Now that (if two) is a reel deel:cheese: ...ANYWAY eye pit it doon tay a wee bitta exaggeration and using 2001 prices for ics:cheese:

Later ones had the rear or front window switch light up when it was on.
EH...:confused: Ur ewe suggesting that the ICS controls the rear window switch lights as awe mines ur controlled wie the rear winae OAN/AFF switch in the main windae switch bank.
Fun that oot wan dark knight:D

When ewe plunging inn again....This is the time eshy....any cheeper and theyd be payin ewe to taken them although the wife furst thought of that 8 years ago:lol:

Pomeo

·
Registered
10,934 Posts
Just had a Condor Moment there Mystic.....The supplying dealer who sold my daughter the wrong brand new car had to swap the CD coded player with the first supplied as her "Real" car had a faulty one.I stupidly gave then the code for the one in the new car but they wouldn't supply me with the code for the inital car.Fortunately I had kept a copy of the chassis no of the first car and after long lengthy prolonged negotiation wie the ISR and only after I suggestd that they had false data on their computer system and IF as I had surmised the 2 codes for the cars would have to be changed for future issues....they agreed to let me try the code and lo and behold the code worked.Not an easy course ahead.Wie hindsight I should have given the shark dealers a wrang code but then I wood have been as ignorant as then.....Next time if the code was defo no 9999 then they'd be telt the code is 9999...Don't get mad get even.

Pomeo

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Ok, dunno what's going on here now. ICS, I would say, doesn't interact with window switch lights in any way ever, if it does then I'm awed I don't know what a 'naff stealer' is, please enlighten me, ics's with codes go for two hundred quid on eBay therefore if that's ' going on for half of what I paid for the car' then its at least four hundred pounds innit. I can get ICs with code but with other broken bits for 150. Esh are you saying you can get me an ICs with code for £25? If so, I'll take all you've got please, then put them on eBay for£200 tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Ok, dunno what's going on here now. ICS, I would say, doesn't interact with window switch lights in any way ever, if it does then I'm awed I don't know what a 'naff stealer' is, please enlighten me, ics's with codes go for two hundred quid on eBay therefore if that's ' going on for half of what I paid for the car' then its at least four hundred pounds innit. I can get ICs with code but with other broken bits for 150. Esh are you saying you can get me an ICs with code for £25? If so, I'll take all you've got please, then put them on eBay for£200 tomorrow. ��
An ICS was £200 8years ago. Look on ebay in germany and italy it will be LHD but just swap the facia over!

Pomeo....I have one with GSM in my garage............aghh I also have a conder moment.....where the fooks the code and who knows what car that came from... ohhhh crappppp!

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
rear window demister and front window demister (how ever you spell it)....if you press it and the logo lights up = later ICS...faster and G3 compatible.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey dolomiteman . What sort of money are you looking for? I'm actually feeling determined to get the code for the one I've got now. I don't like being beaten over four numbers! Am going to my most local twenty mile away dealer tomorrow morning. Have you got a dolomite then? I've had two Toledos and a Dolly. They were fantastic.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts