Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is it just me or can sellers just not be bothered anymore????

Looking through the adverts on Pistonheads I cannot believe the amount of sellers who cannot even be bothered to hoover out the grit and muck from their car's footwell before taking photos of it.

If they can't even be bothered to do that, then what's the rest of the car going to be like!

Maybe I have got OCD but my car is always spotless and would be more so if I was going to sell it!

The first thing I look at is the engine bay, if that's spotless you know you've got a good car!

In this day and age of money being tight surely the least these sellers can do is hoover their cars before selling them???

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
I totally agree with you.

As far as the OCD goes, I think we've all got a little bit of it in us. I know I have.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I totally agree with you.

As far as the OCD goes, I think we've all got a little bit of it in us. I know I have.
Lol, wait til you see my car down at the Alexander's night, it still looks brand new even though it's into it's 8th year and done 140,000 miles!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Agree with you, apart from the engine bay. I do give mine a bit of a clean every now and then, but I wouldn't say a car with a dirty engine bay means it's not been looked after (mechanically). Interior is different though as it's the bit you spend most the time in.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I must have that problem. I spent the equivalent of a whole weekend cleaning and photographing an automatic diesel Corolla before advertising it, and it wasn't even mine!
(it was a company car and I REALLY wanted it gone)
(it just sold today for $2110 and I'll never have to drive it again, yipee! :D )

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I know what you mean! If people dont wash or hoover the crap out it doesn't give a good impression that its bin looked after. Unless it the car is resonably priced it would put me off, that is unless they drop £50 for me to get it valeted:D

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I was looking at an advert last week and in the exterior photos you could see the car had just been wash (wet floor) but in the interior photos the carpets hadn't been hovered and the door jams were filthy.:tut:

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I must have that problem. I spent the equivalent of a whole weekend cleaning and photographing an automatic diesel Corolla before advertising it, and it wasn't even mine!
(it was a company car and I REALLY wanted it gone)
(it just sold today for $2110 and I'll never have to drive it again, yipee! :D )
But if you hadn't bothered you might still have it this time next month!

I always remember spending £25 on valeting my Fiat X1/9 and undoubtedly got well over £500 more than it was really worth because it looked the 'dogs bo77ocks'.......it really is well worth the effort!

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
About the OSD.... Yes, you have it, along with the rest of us (to some degree).

Filthy car (and boot) may just mean the car gets used a lot..... but there is a difference between "old" dirt and "new" dirt.
Dust on the dash is a good indication the car seldom gets cleaned.... a bit of soil on the floor ? maybe just that.....

BUT, you are right, if you are advertising the car, at least clean it .....

G

·
0 Posts
Yep you're crazy alright :lol: :p

It's not easy to keep the footwells dirt free. I play football on astro turf a couple of times a week and they put s**tloads of sand on the turf which then gets on my boots which then ends up in the footwells! Tis a right pain the the a**e!!!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
not sure if i have OCD but i do have F**@i$g **** B*s%$rd C*&ting Tourettes:lol:

·
Registered
3,336 Posts

It's not easy to keep the footwells dirt free. I play football on astro turf a couple of times a week and they put s**tloads of sand on the turf which then gets on my boots which then ends up in the footwells! Tis a right pain the the a**e!!!

You could try changing footwear when you get into the car.

Sand is carpet's worst enemy. It soon degrades the fibres, making the carpet flat and lifeless...

I have to vacuum the carpeting at least once a week.

·
Premium Member
42,863 Posts

Dirty footballers in the car.....after my lad played sunday morning on the grass I was in two nearly phoned him a taxi..:lol:

·
Registered
549 Posts
You could try changing footwear when you get into the car.
Good advice. I recently got a pair of real driving shoes. Not only do they contribute less dirt, they are also very comfy and give excellent pedal feeling. Driving wihtout them now feels clumsy and agricultural... Best car accessory I've ever gotten :)

DJ
--

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good advice. I recently got a pair of real driving shoes. Not only do they contribute less dirt, they are also very comfy and give excellent pedal feeling. Driving wihtout them now feels clumsy and agricultural... Best car accessory I've ever gotten :)

DJ
--
Interesting, which ones did you go for?

P

·
0 Posts
The Spider has to be clean - really, really clean......vacuumed out and washed every week.

I hate it being dirty :eek:

I definitely have OCD though - you should see my knicker drawer :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts