Alfa Romeo Forum banner

121 - 140 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well the adapters were already in my doors, but they did supply new ones and they looked like they would fit, and I used a block terminal to connect the wiring in the door.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just as a note on this, I fitted the Kicker unit without an enclosure and it's way better than the standard speaker but it really does need an enclosure. It vibrates badly with any volume. I'll try and solve it some how but an enclosure would be best.
This is the unit I bought

·
Administrator
5,048 Posts
Fitted it today, I had to remove and discard the plastic cage as it would not sit flush due to the size of speaker magnet. As the Pyle speaker only has foam padding on the front of the speaker outer edge, I cut some sound proofing foam to shape and applied it to the rear edge. I then fitted it nice and snugly as the original.

But I forgot that the speaker needs two yellow connectors and I did not have any!!!!!!!!!!!!.

So order placed today for four, ready for the front speakers being changed soon.

As to the old speaker, it has a tiny speaker magnet / small voice coil and the foam surround which disintegrated when touched so the new one should be better!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well I've jumped on the band wagon too and got the Pyle sub-woofer but I got mine from Amason.co.uk

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PLPW6D-6-Inch-Audio-Speaker-Subwoofer/dp/B0071HY42K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473586964&sr=8-1&keywords=Pyle+PLPW6D+6-Inch+600+Watt+Dual+4+Ohm+Subwoofer

plugged it in as is (no amp) and it works fine with my Sony Head unit DSX-A200UI. OK might be better base with an amp, but it's a whole heap better that the standard fit one. also decided to replace the door speakers too. so much better all round.
Hi all.
I know this thread is a year old, but I have just found I need to replace speakers in my 1999 TS Spider.
The photo on Amazon of the Pyle PLPW6D speaker shows only one pair of connectors.
The speaker in the Spider has two connectors, can anyone clarify whether the Pyle PLPW6D has in fact two sets of connectors.
Many thanks.

·
Administrator
5,048 Posts
Quite a few have fitted the Pyle speaker and it's far better than the original cheap paper unit.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I have one in mine, if you can enclose it properly like a subwoofer the difference is colossal. OK, so you lose some of the cubby space, but personally I think it's worth it.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Had the Pyle speaker for a fee years now. It is miles better than the original. I laughed at the original speaker when it came out. It had all the quality of a 30 quid Alba stereo from Argos circa 1992.

Hi yes, the other connections are on the opposite side.
Thank you Paul.O
I shall try this speaker the, the general opinion seems to be that it's a reasonable replacement for the original.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Followed this thread with great interest as the speakers in my car were pretty poor.

Purchased the Pyle PLPW6D and fitted it in a matter of minutes....... a much improved sound.
Also replaced the door speakers with a pair of Pioneer AZ-ICE-394s....... they were supplied with the adapter rings needed to replace the old oval shape speakers, again a pretty quick job, all in all a successful, easy and not too expensive fix.

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Yes, you need these connector adapters unless you cut-off the original connectors and scrimp new spade connectors on the wires

·
Registered
2,161 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just purchased one of these subs... £22 delivered to UK. That's insane... so I went the extra mile and bought a set of those £1.70 speaker connectors too!

Replaced my fronts about 2 months ago before driving round Europe with some high-end Pioneers I bought a few years back, amazing difference. Hoping this will too!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just purchased one of these subs... £22 delivered to UK. That's insane... so I went the extra mile and bought a set of those £1.70 speaker connectors too!

Replaced my fronts about 2 months ago before driving round Europe with some high-end Pioneers I bought a few years back, amazing difference. Hoping this will too!
So mine got damaged in transit... didn't even arrive before hte courier told me they were returning it. Frustrated at the time...

However having spoken with Amazon, they have not only shipped out a replacement FOC, they have put it on the fastest shipping option (some $35 cost!) AND given me a $10 credit on my account. So in all I'll have spent about £10 on this woofer (when it finally arrives!). Can't beat that for a bargain...

121 - 140 of 161 Posts