Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Looking for a little advice on the above message please which appeared today. Any thoughts on what could be an obvious problem with the 2.2 (2yrs old, 13k miles)
I have a lot of miles to cover next week, the engine feels and sounds fine - does it need to go in straight away or do I have a little leeway.
Yes to answer everyone's question it has had mod 4 !!
Cheers in advance.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I've had this appear a couple of times since new (the first was intermittant) even though performance etc was fine. I had it checked at the dealer and the diagnostics showed it to be a faulty lambda sensor which they replaced under warranty.

It's certainly worth checking-in but if you've had a mod' done it's advisable to return to Mango's or whoever tinkered with your bits :thumbs:

·
Registered
578 Posts
I used to get this regular as clockwork on my 2.2, approx every 10,000 miles the warning light would pop on. Quick trip to dealer and sorted under warranty. They said it was the Lamda sensor, obviously they're not very good on the 2.2 I've never had this on my 3.2.

Engine always felt fine and I once had to go about 1500 miles before I could get in to get it sorted and it was fine.

N

·
0 Posts
Could be the chain or cam sensor/actuator.

Neither has been reported (on AO) to cause catastrophic failure but could eventually put you in limp mode.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I destroyed both lambda sensors when I ran over a badger (right outside Mangoletsi :eek:) and got that warning.

..bloody car stank for a good few days :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts