Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2 week old 159 1.9JTDm Ti now says "Have engine checked" when I start and the amber engine warning light is on when I drive. Will call local dealer tomorrow to get it checked, but I'm not happy at all :mad:

Anyone any idea what causes this? Nothing has changed with the car, it still runs/sounds fine, just this bloody light/message:cry:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Local dealer can't take the car today, booked in for 1st thing on Monday...

This better not be a taste of things to come ...:confused:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Fraser, I suspect something silly, will soon find out, am not driving it in the meantime - back in the roly-poly Grand Cherokee which I now wonder why we bought it...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm an optimist so thinking that this is a minor gremlin and will be the only fault I'll ever have :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, took Ti into Springburn Fiat/Alfa Service center and they resolved while I waited - good service all round. Apparently the Pre cat sensor connector was on the wrong way round. All clear as far as messaged go, and this may be total con-incendence, but the car seems a fair bit quicker/ more eager... probably just my imagination since i've not driven it for 2 days, but thats my impression.

Hopefully that'll be the last visit until 21,000 mile service :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Probably down to the Alfa tech in the factory eating a slice of pizza when fitting the sensor. Too busy making sure the pepperoni didn't fall of than looking at what they are doing! :lol:

Was yours part of the 'vin range' that was on offer for contract hire, if so mine could be the same!!! :eek:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
not sure what "vin range" is, but if it was what was left of the Ti's on the current "campaign" (which I understand is a price reduction ahead of the mini facelift/new engines coming in)

The guy at the local dealer said, and I quote, "Aye, I think "Luigi" in the factory didnae get it right, so I looked up the manual and put the plug in the right way roond"

WHen do you get your Sham?

Mine defo feels quicker after the Luigifix :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thursday this week and counting. Can't wait. It's the same spec as yours and the last of the current stock. It's coming with the Autodelta remap/tuning box.

The qoute about Luigi - sooo funny :lol:when i had glitches with the GT I'd say similar things to my mates. Always look on the funny side of Alfa ownership :thumbs:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sham - are you picking yours up from the dealer? you may get the whole "event" of a car under cover and stuff which would be nice. tuning box a good idea I reckon - I think I'm going to get the reddot or angel remap, since whilst its totally no slouch, there is no such thing as too much power!

Best of luck for Thursday! (yours black/black too?)

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
Sham - are you picking yours up from the dealer? you may get the whole "event" of a car under cover and stuff which would be nice. tuning box a good idea I reckon - I think I'm going to get the reddot or angel remap, since whilst its totally no slouch, there is no such thing as too much power!

Best of luck for Thursday! (yours black/black too?)
Angel are just down the road and Troon and will come to you if you can't get to them. Paul Angel's a top bloke as well. If you go to him mention my name.

·
Registered
98 Posts
GThanks Withy. And Fraser too for advice in another thread!

Going to Mangos on tomorrow. The wife and I have managed to give excuses :eek: and both get out of work early :)

Yes it is black / black. The GT was red, the RX8 is red too. I was considering Stromboli but in certain light conditions it looks almost silver, and the wife's Clio 182 is silver - so black it is!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
black is lovely, but a pig to keep clean, might as well setup a direct debit to an autoglym supplier :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts