Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my GQV through drivethedeal and occasionally look and see what they are quoting for various models. Just checked now; no Alfa Romeo listed in the drop down box of manufacturers anymore........ :paranoid:

·
Registered
36,829 Posts
Wouldn't it be a case of Alfa avoiding drive the deal ?
Perhaps in preparation for the launch of the Giulia. The Alfa dealer in Croydon has just offloaded a couple of ex-demo Giuliettas to Used dealers.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldn't it be a case of Alfa avoiding drive the deal ?
Perhaps in preparation for the launch of the Giulia. The Alfa dealer in Croydon has just offloaded a couple of ex-demo Giuliettas to Used dealers.
Doubt it very much; it is individual dealerships that sign up with drivethedeal, it isn't an edict that comes down from on high.

Not sure what the reference about used cars is in relation to; my drivethedeal GQV was a factory order to my spec.

There are £100k plus cars on drivethedeal, doubt Alfa would feel they were too good for them!

·
Registered
36,829 Posts
"Not sure what the reference about used cars is in relation to; my drivethedeal GQV was a factory order to my spec." I wasn't referring to your purchase.
My MA was new in 2011 before the Giulietta was discounted heavily. The GQV tended to be discounted from early on as they didn't shift from the showrooms despite them needing to be there for the image and the fuel consumption rules out fleet sales.

·
Registered
36,829 Posts
I maintain that there are a bunch of people who just buy "the deal" and Alfa does not need these sales as it will only lead to oversupply of cars where that's the only demand. The move upmarket of the marque with the Giulia will suffer if they are next to cheaper Mitos and Giuliettas on the forecourt. Audi can afford to cut £8k on the odd TT as part of their sales but Alfa are "selling" in handfuls at the moment.

·
Registered
36,829 Posts
Just looked at Carwow site and the dealer with the best references for Giulietta customers is no longer an Alfa dealer....

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I bought my GQV through drivethedeal and occasionally look and see what they are quoting for various models. Just checked now; no Alfa Romeo listed in the drop down box of manufacturers anymore........ :paranoid:
When I tried to discuss buying a Giulietta from them a few weeks ago they came back to me after a day or two to say they couldn't supply it as they were currently unable to order Alfa's due to factory shutdowns. The Giulietta had stopped in readiness for the facelifted model being released in a few weeks time and the MiTo production is currently reduced to a smaller range in readiness for its facelift model appearing later in the year.

I find the length of time they take to do a facelift change over quite bizarre, but DrivetheDeal's comments do tally with what a couple of dealers said too, so I would think the absence from DTD won't be long-term, even if the facelift/new models don't have such massive discounts as the previous ones.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Doubt it very much; it is individual dealerships that sign up with drivethedeal, it isn't an edict that comes down from on high.

Not sure what the reference about used cars is in relation to; my drivethedeal GQV was a factory order to my spec.

There are £100k plus cars on drivethedeal, doubt Alfa would feel they were too good for them!
not necessarily, no BMW dealers are allowed to operate on DTD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts