[... and they thought it was over! :elaugh:]

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
No.:tut:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Back in the seventies - denim jacket, shirt and waistcoat. One of my mates even had a long denim coat, trimmed with some manky fur.:eek:

K

·
0 Posts
I spent most of the 80s wearing jeans with turn-ups, Doc Martens and denim shirts with white T shirts underneath. I used to sport a monster quiff too. Must have looked a right tool.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
I have. It's a bit faded now. I have a pile of old clothes that I somehow imagine will get used decorating or working on cars.

It was a present from an ex's parents.

Quiff? I'm trying to go short to familiarise myself with the thinning front, but the effect is a little like Sonic the Hedgehog or a giant frond like quiff at the front of my head.

I got ambushed last week by a female colleague enquiring about my sexuality, so perhaps the hair cut needs to go shorter and more severe? Or perhaps it's nothing do with the hair cut and some other unconscious signal I am emitting?

I think she needs a diversity training refresher myself.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Had (and still got somewhere) a River Island Blue Cotton shirt that was made, and styled, to look like it was demin.

Do I get half a point?

·
Registered
864 Posts
I got ambushed last week by a female colleague enquiring about my sexuality, so perhaps the hair cut needs to go shorter and more severe? Or perhaps it's nothing do with the hair cut and some other unconscious signal I am emitting?
The cheeky cow!

Maybe give the leather trousers and Frankie Says Relax tee shirt combo a miss tomorrow though eh? ;)

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So why have denim/jean jackets and shirts gone out of fashion? :confused:

Weird! :crazy:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Yeah but I haven't worn it in years.

I have a denim jacket, but it's got stuff like studs and various patches declaring my loyalty to assorted punk & hardcore bands on it.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Denim Aftershave as well !!!!.....:rolleyes: :)
As soon as I read that the memory of the smell of it hit me, I was at middle school when it came out and I think adidas released an after shave around the same time.

I also had the Denim Head Holdall out of the Argos catalogue (late 80s early 90s) :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts