Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Knew it would happen if I ventured too far off the original spec. had the suspension lowered about a year ago but now find myself in the position of needing to have the original springs put back in. Iv had enough...looks sweet but I can feel every pebble bigger than a grain of sand through the seats and judging by the rattles and bangs after driving along roads that wouldnt be outta place in a third world country...its only a matter of time before I break something expensive...and I aint never been the slowest of drivers either which really doesnt help.

Moral of the story...the modifications look very sweet at times on nice smooth tarmac and on a sunny day nothing beats 2 hours with a set of cloths and a tub of auto-glym and a race upto portrush maybe just to show off...we all do it sometimes admit it now...but...our roads look like something out of an artillary range and the sunshine just doesnt shine anymore and this alfa owner is 40...not 25 and 2 subs in the boot really isnt that practical either come to think of it

·
Vendor
45,756 Posts
Did you just change the springs to lowering springs or did you also change the shocks?

·
Registered
16 Posts
you should try drivin my 30 year old mini on our roads, its decked on original rubber suspension, think i've 1 cm suspension travel each corner and low profile tyres, the only thing that makes it tolerable is the vtec under the bonnet. :lol:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you just change the springs to lowering springs or did you also change the shocks?
Yep just the springs and before I get a telling off yes i know that to lower the car properly itd set me back a minimum of 450-550 quid but I thought id save a few quid...in my defence the springs were good springs but i miscalculated this time I think

·
Vendor
45,756 Posts
The rattles & bangs in that case are probably caused by your worn out original shocks.. Changing springs again probably won't help, I would save your money and either live with it or upgrade the shocks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts