Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. My ph1 2.0L TS won't start. Battery is fine, ALL the fuses under the steering wheel and behind the rear seats look fine. Windows, sunroof, radio, wipers indicators all work. It's turning over but not starting. Worryingly there are no lights on the dash when I turn the ignition on. Is it worth disconnecting the battery and connecting it again or is that a bad idea? I had disconnected some of the dials to work on the centre console but they are all reconnected now. The car was running when I naively reconnected the fuel guage then it cut out and now she just won't dance. Could it be the ECU? I want to make sure I've checked all I can before I call in the Sparky.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought, I've checked all the Fuses under the dash in the boot and under the bonnet. No Joy I'm afraid :( might have to call in the sparks?

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,355 Posts
I can't really help but I don't believe in this sort of coincidence, it's almost certainly something you've done.

Carefully recheck what you have done and check the Fuses with an Ohmmeter or by doing Voltage checks each side of each fuse, don't just check them by eye. Also check that they are sitting in the Holders properly.

Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips guys. I had a guy look at it with an ECU reader but he couldn't get a reading from the ECU. I suspect there is an issue with the ignition fuse or the ignition barrel. From looking at previous posts regarding similar problems I can see that there is a part of the ignition barrel that can go faulty and might be causing a problem. I will continue to patiently investigate and remain cheerful. The car is beautiful it really shifts and I got it for and embarrassingly low price so its going nowhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts