Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason I ask is that I am just watching one of the repeats on Uktv G2 and there is a review of the MG ZT260. The first part of the review shows the MG with a queue of cars behind it on the TG test track......and the first car in that queue is a black GT:D

I know they get a lot of cars but wondered if it had ever been on the show in any other capacity?

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I don't think so but VBH hurried a 3.2 GT around Angelsey once in a head to head against an RX8. They preffered the '8 :(

The "test" is on You Tube ;)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
only cos she likes to be seen, whereas in something as sexy as a GT she wouldn't get noticed in a million years:lol:
:cheese: Very true

I have seen the GT v RX8 review a couple of times now and it still annoys me ( but then Fifth Gear annoys the hell out of me in general!)

The GT on TG was probably just one of the staffs cars that they used for the feature.

·
Registered
108 Posts
:cheese: Very true

I have seen the GT v RX8 review a couple of times now and it still annoys me ( but then Fifth Gear annoys the hell out of me in general!)

The GT on TG was probably just one of the staffs cars that they used for the feature.
What was it that particularly annoyed you?

That the RX8 handled better, was faster or that it was cheaper?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I think it is just the way they gush about the Mazda in general but dont have much to say about the Alfa...when, in fact, there is very little in the cars other than the price difference.

They say that people should 'put up with' the Mazda's faults but that Alfa have got it wrong again with the GT because of it's weight problems.

I could be just looking at it through blinkers but it seems biased to me (like the big point they make of the GT being at the bottom of the list when the Mazda is only one above it...and then comparing the GT with the Exige:rolleyes: )

·
Registered
274 Posts
They preffered the '8 :(
Its simple!!! Thay just dont like Alfas in 5th gear!!! If u wanna hear smth good about Alfa watch Top Gear!!! JC is mad about every Alfa :)

PS watched TT vs Brera vs RX8 test, and everyone chose Alfa :) ( exept Hamster) admitting though it's the slowest car:(

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Its simple!!! Thay just dont like Alfas in 5th gear!!! If u wanna hear smth good about Alfa watch Top Gear!!! JC is mad about every Alfa :)

PS watched TT vs Brera vs RX8 test, and everyone chose Alfa :) ( exept Hamster) admitting though it's the slowest car:(
I don't get it , I mean I like both TG and FG but what's this ***** obsession with the RX8:mad: . Surely it makes sense to stack the GT against something similar not a hairdressers boudoir with optional brothel interior and pixie doors. I mean the bloody thing drinks fuel and looks like a 14 year olds wet dream.

No contest ......Alfa forever :tut:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Alfa GT and RX8 are popular to be tested by each other!!!
Recently i saw a DW(deutche welle or smth) review on this cars!!! But it was GT 2.0 against RX8s 231bhp rotary engine :D
well Alfa lost everywhere, but they mantioned that Alfa has less consumption and more practical :lol:
You have to be crazy to compare 231 and 165 bhp cars!!! kinda discrimination of Alfa Romeo!!I see it everywhere!!!
One of Russia's top magazines compared Alfa 159 2.2 L4(185bhp) and BMW 325 L6 (215bhp)!!! They Are Crazy!!!!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
RE QUOTE Alfa has less consumption and more practical :lol:

I may have to sell mine now you've said that ! An Alfa with good mileage and practical ! Im' off .:wow:

When I bought my first GTV the sales man took me round to see the boot and upon opening it he turned and smiled saying "gloriously impractical isnt it?" :lol:

Alfa Romeo for when your heart says Ferrari but your head says BMW:D .

·
Registered
6,455 Posts

You have to remember it was on 0.3 of a second quicker than the Alfa, it so easyily can be the other way around, and what if you was to race them on a different track??

And they say it was a pretty disapointing time campared to the others....well the others have alot more power or power to weight ratio...pretty much comparing it to a supercar level, what ya expect?

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Come on folks. We have to accept that Alfa are not technically the best cars. That's why we buy 'em. They are individual, quirky and have soul. No road tester (unless a previous Alfa owner) will ever get that :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts