Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking for a used GT and noticed a few differences on most of the 57 plate cars that are at the Alfa dealers, espcially the Lusso's.

All the 57 plate cars seem to be badged as 1.9 JTD instead of JTDm (although they are all JTDm's). Other differences I've noticed are twin exhaust tail pipe grey dash rather than silver, fully aluminium gear stick, Bose as standard on Lusso, chrome whiskers on the front and most strikingly a new instrument panel.

Does anyone know when these modifications were made... is it from the 57 plate onward only and is there anything else that is different from the earlier model.

G

·
0 Posts
Not sure to be honest but noticed all of these changes on the 07 plate I am buying today. The JTD badge has been removed so not sure if it had an 'm' or not. My old 54 plate never had an 'm' on it. The new gear stick looks the business

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Not all GTs are JTDm (M92 engine), first ones (before 2006) were JTD 16V multi-jet (M19 engine)...
Same horsepower, but JTDm has better fuel economy, lower emissions and better tuning potential.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure to be honest but noticed all of these changes on the 07 plate I am buying today. The JTD badge has been removed so not sure if it had an 'm' or not. My old 54 plate never had an 'm' on it. The new gear stick looks the business
One of the main changes is the instrument panel. Remember how it used to be in three tubes. I think the new one looks better.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not all GTs are JTDm (M92 engine), first ones (before 2006) were JTD 16V multi-jet (M19 engine)...
Same horsepower, but JTDm has better fuel economy, lower emissions and better tuning potential.
Yeah, I was aware of this but now notice that the 57 plates have dropped the 'm' on its badging simply putting 1.9 JTD like the pre-06 cars, making it a bit more confusing because they are JTDm's with the better fuel economy and lower tax group (165 co2 g/kg) rather than the older JTD (176 co2 g/Kg).

·
Registered
56 Posts
My 58 plate Lusso (registered Jan 09) just has JTD on the badge and the emissions are now 159 CO2 g/kg, according to the registration documents.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The changes to the dash, and the chrome strips came in with the Blackline, which if memory serves was early 2007.

G

·
0 Posts
I was reading on a review site that the 07 plate onwards got pushed up to 170 BHP is this true then?
Only in the cloverleaf via a sport button and it was an optional extra so not all cars have it. They can all be remapped up to about 190bhp anyhow

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi guys, does anyone know where I could get hold of a pair of those chrome whiskers (on the facelift GT) at the front bumper to fit on my 04' GT?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts