Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
281 - 300 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
For what it is worth:
- Sweden is, supposedly - for some reason - in about the same situation as the UK. I anything we are a bit behind.
-main discussion is: protect the elderly - not necessaryly for their sake but to ease the pressure on hospital beds/ventilators. So far this is not a problem.
-Stockholm has - so far - been hit hardest. A lot of them have summerhouses here on the West Coast, and some of them are using them in order to flee from Corona. S are not ovely popular here and this does not help.

·
Registered
12,993 Posts
For what it is worth:
- Sweden is, supposedly - for some reason - in about the same situation as the UK. I anything we are a bit behind.
-main discussion is: protect the elderly - not necessaryly for their sake but to ease the pressure on hospital beds/ventilators. So far this is not a problem.
-Stockholm has - so far - been hit hardest. A lot of them have summerhouses here on the West Coast, and some of them are using them in order to flee from Corona. S are not ovely popular here and this does not help.
Good to hear a perspective from outside of the UK. I hope that everyone stays safe there.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Concerning working with crowds @Clay19 you can see what's going on in many countries. One meeting generates dozens of cases. I am surprised that those auctions are still scheduled Here in the US thinks are going to get nasty (look at NY !). Same for the UK I am afraid. We all need to do our part.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Concerning working with crowds @Clay19 you can see what's going on in many countries. One meeting generates dozens of cases. I am surprised that those auctions are still scheduled Here in the US thinks are going to get nasty (look at NY !). Same for the UK I am afraid. We all need to do our part.
As of Thursday onwards they’ll be none physical ( online only ) lots of people are still flying in and out of the country and starting new lives here up north, so come looking for cars.
We as a business can’t afford to close. So that’s why we are still trying to operate at this time as consumer friendly as possible.’
This will affect the global motor trade in the next month hugely. The U.K. Treasury is already in a state of panic as its soon the beginning of a new tax year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Good points @Clay19 The industry/economic costs are enormous. The need to work versus the need to isolate. Very tough times.

·
Banned
3,808 Posts
On a serious note to not offend anyone, can I ask if anyone here is going to self isolate as of tomorrow, or has already done so?

Nah!

I have bone cancer - no cure!

But hey! WTFDTKnow. My courage will see me through. This virus isn’t to be believed, no worse than influenza.

F—k the 12 weeks confinement, the free food parcels and the medication. I’m immune and of course no one is going to infect me with it.

Bastards closed my favourite bar and denied me my right to go clubbing - this is a democracy FFS!

Hello! Is there anyone home?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Sizewell, the reality for me is I’m not economically stable.
I have £30 upstairs, probably less than £50 in my bank until Thursday when I get paid a whopping £1,250 after deductions.
I have around £40 ( shared between four people ) worth of food. Im Probably £250 in rent arrears.
You get where I’m coming from.?
The reality is I need a job and need to work.

I got my council tax bill last week which was £1,149 - first payment 28/4/20
Car insurance £400 £40 a month starting 10/4/20
That’s my reality I can’t afford drugs, drink, smoking, clubbing. For the record
Edit/
And that £1,250 is monthly pay even on a 5 week month.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Hmmm...I am not sure why respondents to this thread get upset about describing the dire economic situation. It is not a competition at all between having to work and having to do your part in slowing the virus. Some of us have it relatively easy (connect on line and do basically the same job you do in an office) versus some of us that have to deal with the public to make a living. Sure, if the government is paying me no matter what, great! But if not I will suffer. It does not mean that I will not do what it is required of me to slow the virus spread (by the way, I am in the 'lucky' first group).

·
Banned
3,808 Posts
Clay19 is just trolling (hopefully)....I wouldn't bother arguing.
I would have thought trolling would require a greater level of intelligence than this prat displays.

He’s for real. Just an utter “Bunt”.

I am really tired of all this, at every level. What is the point. Threads like this just demonstrate how futile the whole Forum has become.

“Bunt” comes from Monty Python. I will translate for those that fail to grasp its root.

Just give me some peace, for God’s Sake - someone say something that is pertinent!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Hmmm...I am not sure why respondents to this thread get upset about describing the dire economic situation. It is not a competition at all between having to work and having to do your part in slowing the virus. Some of us have it relatively easy (connect on line and do basically the same job you do in an office) versus some of us that have to deal with the public to make a living. Sure, if the government is paying me no matter what, great! But if not I will suffer. It does not mean that I will not do what it is required of me to slow the virus spread (by the way, I am in the 'lucky' first group).

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I would have thought trolling would require a greater level of intelligence than this prat displays.

He’s for real. Just an utter “Bunt”.

I am really tired of all this, at every level. What is the point. Threads like this just demonstrate how futile the whole Forum has become.

“Bunt” comes from Monty Python. I will translate for those that fail to grasp its root.

Just give me some peace, for God’s Sake - someone say something that is pertinent!
Sizewell, try and get some rest on a positive note. Make yourself a mug of coco whilst listing to classic fm. I bid you goodnight.
P.S logout

·
Banned
3,808 Posts
Sizewell, the reality for me is I’m not economically stable.
I have £30 upstairs, probably less than £50 in my bank until Thursday when I get paid a whopping £1,250 after deductions.
I have around £40 ( shared between four people ) worth of food. Im Probably £250 in rent arrears.
You get where I’m coming from.?
The reality is I need a job and need to work.

I got my council tax bill last week which was £1,149 - first payment 28/4/20
Car insurance £400 £40 a month starting 10/4/20
That’s my reality I can’t afford drugs, drink, smoking, clubbing. For the record
Edit/
And that £1,250 is monthly pay even on a 5 week month.
Well F—king tough! You should have paid more attention to your education.

You are so hard up, who is paying your internet bill?

Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you!

Well that works - don’t you think?

Self pity is not a trait one should display. But a brutal attitude such as yours, is no repost!

Heartless Bast—d.

·
Banned
3,808 Posts
Sizewell, try and get some rest on a positive note. Make yourself a mug of coco whilst listing to classic fm. I bid you goodnight.
P.S logout

Hell will freeze over before I accept your good wishes. Patronising B——-d

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Well F—king tough! You should have paid more attention to your education.

You are so hard up, who is paying your internet bill?

Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you!

Well that works - don’t you think?

Self pity is not a trait one should display. But a brutal attitude such as yours, is no repost!

Heartless Bast—d.
Just for the record just to clarify you are not a hypocrite.
Was that last bit no phun intended or every phun intended knowing that you know i have heart disease?

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Ok....so personally I think this thread along with the other COVID 19 based threads should be shut down by the mods now...we surely must have rules about trolling, personal insults and abuse. There are people making good comments on both sides of the debate...offering good points and valid discussions...and then there are the rest who, unable to put together a logical reply resort to name calling and plain bad manners to anyone who does not see things from their point of view. Debating and listening to the opposing point of view is what happens in civilised society....not name calling and personal attack. A couple of posts I made right at the beginning of this thread were fact based and reasonable, based on the science at the time...several didn't agree...fair enough...but instead of just simply putting forward their view with reasons why I might be wrong, brainless comments where returned. Many of the posts on this thread are clearly fuelled by tabloid or social media hysteria with very little in the way of facts quoted. Due mainly to this I've made the decision to not reply to ANY thread relating to ANYTHING not at least slightly related to the car sections of the forum...unless I'm directly asked a question...or its the jokes thread...love one liners me! I will read some though...(I may even click the odd like if I think the writer has an IQ in double figures!)....just to make me feel good that my intelligence level is not down there with many of the contributors. Might I suggest that anyone with an ounce of common sense join me.
Adios amigos!

·
Banned
3,808 Posts
Just for the record just to clarify you are not a hypocrite.
Was that last bit no phun intended or every phun intended knowing that you know i have heart disease?

No! The Heart is just an organ, like any other.

The Brain however, has a second function - where our intelligence is seated.

It is from there that your empathy, or antipathy is expressed.

Medically, I wish you well. But you are still a heartless B——d.

·
Banned
3,808 Posts
This thread started with a question to be debated. The debate is long over.

Unless you really need to go out, stay indoors. It's that simple.
This thread started with a question, that should never have been asked!

Who are we, from the remoteness of our geographical position and our lack of medical and scientific expertise, to ever believe we could be contributing positively to this crisis.

And, by implication, suggest Italy was in some way responsible for this nightmare?

And that goes for so many other issues on this Forum.

Bored individuals, that no one listens to outside this little bubble. But it is easier than figuring out how our cars work!

Why don’t we all get on and do something more productive. Because all this is just “Dust in the Desert”.

281 - 300 of 309 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.