Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And would like to sell me their old (but working) unit?

I know a few of you Brera/159 owners have repalced the B&M system with an alternative system, but have any of you kept the old B&M unit?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
There are plenty of people who have removed their units, however, you may (ok probably will) have difficulty getting someone to donate their unit, as the canbus searches for the blue and me unit when it switches on, if it can't find it, the mileage flashes (and is rather annoying!), so a lot of people (myself included) use an extension cable to keep it 'logged in'.

There are a few boxes available on e-bay, I'm not sure if the different model's boxes are interchangeable (they all look the same), alternatively there are a few 159's being broken on e-bay, try giving the breakers a call, some of the newer ones should have blue and me (they may not know what they are looking for, but it should tell them when they insert the key, or get them to look for the USB port in the glovebox. They may give you a good deal (and cables), and if you visit you can see how it is installed.

This one is in manchester, nearish you:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-Alfa-Romeo-159-1-9-JTD-M-Jet-Lusso-Saloon-Grey-Facelift-Wheel-Nuts-Breaking-/221240025014?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_Trim_Nuts_ET&fits=Model:159&hash=item3382eedfb6

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. Ah I didn't realise the old unit remained in the car.

I have b&m but its stopped working and I need to replace the unit. I can live without b&m but I just need to get rid of the flashing mileage!

Cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts