Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if you guys are aware but the road fund license hike that I thought was being put on hold came into operation today for cars registered on or after the 1st March 2001. That means that our GTA's now cost £405 to tax for a year, or £222.75 for 6 months!! Nobody that I have spoken to today was aware this was going to happen as there was no mention of it in the recent budget. I would not have known myself but I am a car salesman and I was taxing a used car for a customer at the local post office and heard various people saying that they did not have enough money on them to tax their car. I probed a little further and got a copy of the new tax rates from the post master. I for one am really furious at this, especially as we were lead to believe that this hike was put on hold. Yet another example of the bloody government ripping us off! I don't know whu I bother to work hard to try to afford the odd luxuary when they just use it as an excuse to bleed you dry.

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
:cry: oh no!!!! I also thought it was on hold :(
I have just taxed mine last month but only paid for 6 months :rolleyes: if I had known I would have got 12 months :rant:

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Is that deffinate mate?
I was sure anything before 2006 that was at the £210 and going up to £215 rate was staying that way! :confused:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that deffinate mate?
I was sure anything before 2006 that was at the £210 and going up to £215 rate was staying that way! :confused:
I've got the paperwork from the post office in front of me mate.....the bandings now go from A to M and apply to vehicles registered on or after 1st march '2001', to take effect from today, the clucking barstewards!!! Massively unimpressed!!!

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Just checked, i'm still at £215 for this year and so is anything over 225 CO2 if registered before 2006, so most GTAs are safe! :)
Its confusing I know, but its all on DVLA and taxing online site.
Do an enquiry for your car, my new rate for a 2003 GTA is saying £215...... I went to read the detail to check what I wrote above was correct! :eek:

·
Registered
157 Posts
That`s correct.

I was looking at a 166 3.2 as a tow car but then realised it was £405 road tax.

Still I suppose it will make them cheaper to buy!

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Its says that the new/current (from 01/05/09) band K £215 also includes anything over 225 CO2 but registered before 23rd March 2006. :)
Thats from DVLA taxdisc.direct.gov website.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have just checked several sites, the info is a little misleading but there is a specific reference to band 'K' which states that if a car was registered before 23rd march 2006 then the rate stays at £215 for a year. I'm really sorry to have caused a stir, I got it wrong, appologies:rolleyes:I went by what the post master gave me, i'll tell him off the next time I see him.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
No worries, I'm glad you we're wrong though......in a good way! :lol:
I've got enough to pay for this summer......

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
Yes it is £215 this year and £245 next. After that they havent said yet. I can guarantee it wont be less though :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I was feeling a bit smug about taxing for 12 months in march. now i am just feeling relieved :eek:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts