Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of possible upgrades to my tourismo spec 159. Has anyone successfully retro fitted auto headlamps and an auto dimming interior view mirror?

If so what work is involved?

My car is an 07.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I fitted the auto dimming mirror to my Brera, the plug was already there on the wiring loom, quite a big white plug that was well wrapped in foam and tucked right out of the way.
I used a used mirror from a 159.
It all pluged straight in and worked fine,

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Did the mirror fit on the original screen mount? Looks like that mod is a goer then. I already have the auto dimming mirror.

·
Registered
83 Posts
On the strength of several people on here some years ago, On the Brera I fitted the 159 stalk with auto lights and 159 mirror with sensor. Plugged in MES and all was present. But would not work. I was told that it will not work due it all goes through the BCM. The BCM is programmed when you order your car from AR. You cannot reprogram it and AR will not program it with any extras, only original order.
Let me know if anybody knows different please. Mine is 2010 model, maybe they re arranged software when they cut back on extras in 2008. e.g Electric sliding roof.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well electric memory seats work in my non electric seat car. Didn't have to do anything except run a proxy alignment to stop the mileometer flashing.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thinking about it I'm sure I read that early cars were pre wired for extras but later cars weren't. When I fitted the electric memory seats all the plugs were there and after plugging in they just worked.

·
Registered
565 Posts
That's interesting. Where is the plug for the mirror hidden? My manual one has started to tarnish along the edges so I may as well replace it with an auto one if possible.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Surely auto lights require a windscreen mounted light detector sensor/thingy - I was under the impression this isn't shared by the one in the rear-view mirror

·
Registered
38 Posts
I wouldn't bother with the auto lights. I disabled mine when disabling the auto wipers. (Would suggest avoiding the auto wipers.) The self -dimming mirror is no great shakes either. I still prefer manual controls (I'm possibly stuck in the wrong decade.)

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The mirror I have acquired seems to have extra sensors which I assume are for the lights and wipers. I'll post a picture up sometime.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts