Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone lowered their Brera? What were the results?

Particularly, did handling improve and does it now bottom out on speed bumps? You know the ones I mean.

C

·
0 Posts
Mine is 10mm lower, as have fitted prodrive dampers and springs from a 3.2 s. The handling is transformed, has never bottomed on speed bumps.

K

·
0 Posts
Not sure what the UK roads are like but here in Oz, if I don't slow down to a snails pace over certain speed humps in my factory height Brera, the underside of the front bumper can get heavily scraped.

It's one of the main reasons I haven't bothered to lower it. That and the fact the Brera sits pretty low as is IMO.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is 10mm lower, as have fitted prodrive dampers and springs from a 3.2 s. The handling is transformed, has never bottomed on speed bumps.
Nice work Mr Orange. Do you have a lot of those annoying rectangular shaped speed bumps round you? We have loads round our way and the Brera just clears them but the wife's spider with it's softer suspension bottoms out on some of them.

A few Qs for you:

1 Do the presumably stiffer springs tend to compensate for the 10mm lowering, thus not bottoming out on rectangular bumps?

2 Does it look meaner 10mm lower? Or do people not tend to notice?

3 Who supplied/fitted your suspension? How much did it cost (PM me if you don't want to say).

Thanks!!

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh dear. Not keen on those alloys and the wheel arches *appear* to touch the wheels... no 30mm drop for me then, maybe 10mm!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts