·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
There is a 159 owner who has fitted what I imagine is the equivalent unit. Most users fit double DIN android (double din isn't hard but you do have to cut the separator bracket in the dash) and those that do this don't rate Windows based units. However, the 159 owner seems very happy with his unit.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Looks like a single DIN unit in reality but with a double DIN face plate.
Lots of money and does not seem to work with the telephone answer buttons on the steering wheel if you have them.

Looks quite OEM and with lots of toys!

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
Lots of money and does not seem to work with the telephone answer buttons on the steering wheel if you have them.
Actually, there aren't ANY aftermarket units that work with the steeringwheel telephone answer buttons....:wink_org:

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Looks nice and OEM with a few extra toys.
It's quite expensive for what it is though and some other double din's do have more features.

I guess if you want to keep OEM style and it look perfect this is a very good option.
But it is pricey.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Hi all,

Has anyone tried one of these head units?
They have been designed to fit a 147 or GT.

I have been looking at them for a while now and they look really good.
It allows you to still use the buttons on the steering wheel.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Romeo-147-05-GT-07-7-TouchScreen-DVD-CD-GPS-Sat-Nav-iPod-BT-SD-USB-/221949928312?hash=item33ad3f2378:g:XfwAAOSwt6ZWVIVP

eBay item number:221949928312

Any advice would be helpful.
Cheers :beer:
Its a windows CE unit, its ok, but extremely expensive for what you get, the spec is very low - slow processor and not much RAM very poor, youd be much better off with an Android unit - you can get a much higher spec (quad core 1 GB RAM) for less, although there are none that have the OEM look.

Looks like a single DIN unit in reality but with a double DIN face plate.
A lot of OEM head units look like double DIN but are actually single DIN, BMW ones for instance.

does not seem to work with the telephone answer buttons on the steering wheel if you have them.
Actually, there aren't ANY aftermarket units that work with the steeringwheel telephone answer buttons....:wink_org:
They are, I have several. :)

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Duplicate of what most others have already stated.

Most units will work with steering wheel controls though some need you to purchase an adaptor.

Despite some people slagging the Windows unit the 159 owner loves his but I can't find the thread. I can't write a fair comparison because I fitted Android unit to my son's car and he loves that and so do I.

This will be easier to fit than a double din but cutting the dash with a junior hacksaw isn't as rash or foolhardy as it seems to enable an Android double DIN unit to be fitted and will save nearly £150. Android units, for the tech savvy, have so many possibilities.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Also its only for the late GTs as the earlier ones have a silver colour surround.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
With my Android headunits you get a choice of what operation you want ANY button on the steering wheel to perform. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts