Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been made redundant today. Was angry on wednesday when i was told my job would be at risk. Pished off all day thursday at work, stood about doing nothing. Been in a good mood all day knowing that i dont have to go back to that dump of a place anymore. feel sorry for the others that are left though as boss wants to add stuff into their contract that aint good at all.

It will be hard getting a new job, but i will get 1 soon(hopefully):lol:

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Sorry to here that Mr.O.:(: I've just been made redundant from cutting the grass thank goodness as it's raining. Good luck with your job seeking.:):

·
0 Posts
Best of luck fella :D, glad you are seeing the positive side of things :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Good luck with the job Hunting Mr O :)
tough times at the moment

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Bad luck Mr O, get yourself signed on ASAP, it isn't pleasant, but at least it keeps you covered as far as NI is concerned.
Hope that you get something sorted quickly.
All the best.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
It's 6 months since I was made redundant from B&D and as you know it took me 3 months to find a decent job.

I hope you get something sorted soon. I'll keep an eye out for you.

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Sorry to hear it Mr O :(
Hope things turn around pretty quick for you mate. :)

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Sorry to hear that - happening to a lot of us at the min.

I, too, felt relief tho afterwards - onwards and upwards and all that!

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,322 Posts
:( Sorry to hear this Mr O.

At least you have a positive attitude and hopefully this will lead to a nice new start for you.

Good luck, sure something will turn up for you.

D

·
0 Posts
I was given the Big R about a month ago, get my redundancy next week though so can lounge around for another few weeks before having to find something. :D

Hope you get something soon though Mr O! :thumbs:

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
I was made redundant 3-4 months ago and I hated my job too. They called half the company into the CEOs office and he said "Your position is not longer required, here is your redundancy pay (Nice Amount$$) but now you have 5 minutes to leave the building !!

Then later he gave a speech to others that were almost crying saying "You know were trying to cut back on little things like paper, stationary and the milk its the same with staff we need to cut back" well that did not go down well being mentioned in the same sentence as milk :lol:

Anyway the CEO got made redundant later as well :(

Now im looking at being self employed and defintely 10 times happier :D

H

·
0 Posts
My advice to anyone facing redundancy? Use the time to really think about what you want to do. Use what is a very negative experience, and do something really positive with it. Think about your interests and hobbies, and how they could fit in with or even become a potential new career.
Think about jobs that you really reckon you'd enjoy, jobs that it would be a pleasure to go to every day. And don't think they're out of reach. Go for it anyway, because you never know.

Getting made redundant from a crappy job or crappy employer is just about one of the best things that can happen to someone, as long as they approach their employment search with that positive frame of mind, and end up in a job that actually makes them happy.

Best of luck with the search, keep us posted :thumbs:

H

·
0 Posts
I thought you'd have followed the opening thread with

"I clattered the arzehole that had been giving me grief and felt a lot better for it" :lol:

Seriously mate I know how much you hated the place you're well out of it :)
You're a grafter you'll find summat soon :)

Goodluck cockfingers ;)

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Happened to me in January. Keep positive, keep your eyes open, keep jeremy Kyle out of the livingroom.

I started out on my own and have never been happier.

Can you believe someone started a thread a few days ago..... reckond the credit crunch was a myth. Plonker.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
For anyone who might be close enough and on the lookout.

My old dealership in Alnwick are looking for an experienced Sales Executive. Usual pro's and Con's. Good place to work. Suzuki Dealer of the Year and No 1 in Nissan CSI scores.

PM if you want more details.

R

·
0 Posts
Tell us what you do Mr Orange (and anyone else). The more networking you can do the better. You never know who reads this and may have a lead for you.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts