Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Still nursing ours in but remarkably similar to the 155. (theres only 0.8 of a second difference on 0-60 and 9mph slower top end) Ive driven all 3 petrol engines and their all good. 95 is acceptable, 120 is fast and 155 is just a touch faster but i didnt think it worth the extra £1200. There are a few other differences 155 has twin exhaust as oppsed to singal oval design (i prefer the oval) and bigger brakes with AR logos but other than that remarkably similar on performance IMHO.

·
Registered
240 Posts
More or less the same between 0-4000 rpm. But the 155 keeps on going to the red line whereas the 120 just dies off a bit after that.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I Would disagree for an extra gear and a lil bit of power i wouldnt put that money up.

Plus for me the insurence sky rockets, only 19 ya see.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Benefits of 6 speed gearbox are somewhat dubious to me. Useful on a race car with narrow power band, or on a supercar with a large speed range to cater for, or on a commercial diesel with narrow power band.

But on a supermini? 6 speeds just says to me that the power band is narrow and/or the marketing department have decreed it. The 120 has a more even and wider spread of torque so simply does not need 6 speeds.

Likewise big brakes in normal driving. I speak as someone who spent quite a lot on fitting big brakes, uprated calipers and trackday pads to my GT, did a long trackday at Goodwood and noticed, er, no discernable difference compared with the old setup.

Iinsurance is an issue for me too. Where else can I get a car with sub 9 seconds to 60MPH acceleration with a low enough insurance group to allow a teenage daughter to go on the policy at a not unreasonable amount.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Iinsurance is an issue for me too. Where else can I get a car with sub 9 seconds to 60MPH acceleration with a low enough insurance group to allow a teenage daughter to go on the policy at a not unreasonable amount.
That's one thing I've noticed too. I'm a 19-year-old male and as everybody knows insurance companies just love me! :cry: But for the MiTo the insurance is surprisingly cheap, and when I compare the technical specs with other superminis such as the Mini Cooper and Fiesta Zetec S the MiTo just blows them away.

It's a shame that a MiTo is about £5k more than a used Mini and around £8k more than a used Fiesta Zetec S otherwise I would buy one today.

·
Registered
195 Posts
That's one thing I've noticed too. I'm a 19-year-old male and as everybody knows insurance companies just love me! :cry: But for the MiTo the insurance is surprisingly cheap, and when I compare the technical specs with other superminis such as the Mini Cooper and Fiesta Zetec S the MiTo just blows them away.

It's a shame that a MiTo is about £5k more than a used Mini and around £8k more than a used Fiesta Zetec S otherwise I would buy one today.
Get a Fiesta if you cant afford the Mito. You wont be disappointed with the Zetec S. Especially if you go for the optional Mountune upgrade. Still comes in fully loaded a bit cheaper than Mito if you haggle.
Fantastic drive, my wife has one.
Insurance should be ok for you. Shame you cant afford the Mito as it is a good car in many ways. And its less common than a fiesta

1 - 15 of 15 Posts