Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i mean the one that goes around the entire edge of the door opening ??

reason why i am asking is i suffer from extreme levels of condensation so obviously its not sealed from the elements, I just wondered if you did change the door rubbers and it made things better / fixed it, ??

my rubbers seem to have some sponginess in the rubber but obviously have no new rubber seal as a comparison to use as a reference point.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Had my windscreen changed yesterday..
Only to find that the old one was partially unbonded in a couple of places!
Might be worth checking for this?
Unless you know for sure that the door seals are actually responsible...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Even with the seals working ok, I still get condensation in my Phase 1. Probably the lack of pollen filter does not help. Having stripped the car for a respray I know that there is not leaks.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MGTV i think your right ...................... the dark art of window adjustment

Vans.............. yes i think they were £99 a side when i priced them up, just annoying and inconvenient rather than serious issue, would only go for it if i knew was likely benefit

·
Registered
823 Posts
Is your air con/ climate control system fully gassed and working? much needed in winter to dry out damp air.
Is your rear screen heater/ de-mister working ok?
The screen clear function directs the full airflow onto the inside of the glass at the highest blower and heat output settings. If the outside temperature is above 0 C, the cooling system cuts in as well to DRY the air before it is heated. Good Luck ;)

·
Registered
497 Posts
MGTV i think your right ...................... the dark art of window adjustment

Vans.............. yes i think they were £99 a side when i priced them up, just annoying and inconvenient rather than serious issue, would only go for it if i knew was likely benefit
Halfords had a reusable moisture absorber (sealed black bag) for about a tenner, I popped one in the cup and the spider to help during little use, might help?
Last time I looked one seal was £99 and the other side was AR only at an eye watering £250 + :wow:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts