Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically...I have ordered the 120bhp model based on blind faith that it will feel as good as the 155...

But really has anyone actually driven the 120bhp model and compared it to the 155?

This may have been asked before, so if it has a link would be appreciated.

·
0 Posts
Err - no I won't go there :p :lol:

Hasn't Janitor done an extensive write-up on the Mito?

Better to drive both for yourself though 'me old mucker' ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I test drove both and bought the 120 Bhp, at the low end I found very little difference (Hence the very similar 0-60 times) and it is still great fun to drive. I have no regrets yet!

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jon is right of course, but my write ups were on the 155 and the 1.6 JTDm. I didn't get to drive a 120 sadly

From what I gather (and I know there are 120 owners on here who will be better placed to comment), the 120 is a very capable car. It seems that the 5-speed gearbox helps it to use it's available power across each gear and as such, makes it very 'usable' if you get my meaning

It won't be as lively and may not feel as 'exciting' perhaps as the 155 - that's simple maths saying that - but it is said to be very good and you'll probably not be disappointed. Handling will be the same even if the ultimate grunt is a little less

Saying that the 120 is as 'good' as the 155 is hard to do though... because the 155 wouldn't exist if that was the case. From what I understand, its just 'different', but still suitably impressive :thumbs:
Thanks,

It worrys me slightly because I still want the feeling of being pulled back into my chair...

Thats what made the mito appeal...well that and the fuel economy.

·
0 Posts
Weird, you'd think they'd have a 'selection' for potential customers to try :confused:

Given the choice of a 95, 120 & 155 - you've probably struck a happy medium between economy & power

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Weird, you'd think they'd have a 'selection' for potential customers to try :confused:

Given the choice of a 95, 120 & 155 - you've probably struck a happy medium between economy & power
That was my thinking...

Im just hoping it still has the kick when you put your foot to the floor.

·
0 Posts
120 in a smallish car should be plenty :D - mines a 190 'big heavy bugger' & that deffo wants to send me into the rear seats :lol:

There we go folks ^^ - a 'civilised' conversation with Robbins :clap: :cheese:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
*AHEM* Girls car :p

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Oh and nice buns :lol:

·
Registered
27 Posts
If I remember correctly my dealer said, the 120 hp feels very similar to the 155 when the 155 is in Normal mode on the DNA system.

I can't remember if the 120 is in D or N for it to feel the same.

·
Registered
841 Posts
120 has the kick and it sounds lovely too. Not quite as raucous as the 155 top end but for the roaring away from the lights 0-50 its fine and difference from 155 is negligible. No dealers have 120 to test as ARUK wont let them. They want to highlight the 155 as 120 is outselling it in droves, hence the reason they recently narrowed the price gap.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
120 has the kick and it sounds lovely too. Not quite as raucous as the 155 top end but for the roaring away from the lights 0-50 its fine and difference from 155 is negligible. No dealers have 120 to test as ARUK wont let them. They want to highlight the 155 as 120 is outselling it in droves, hence the reason they recently narrowed the price gap.
I didn't know they have narrowed the price gap...

Also aslong as it pulls me in the seat im happy...i'm not that fussed about top end speed.

Thanks GCDBONES123

·
Registered
15 Posts
The other thing to consider is that you only get the full 155 Bhp if you use super unleaded (98 RON), I seem to recall a dealer quoting figures of 135-138 Bhp using 95 RON.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Test drove the 155TB, bought the 120TB. Definitely pulls you into your chair, the usual turbo catapult effect :) Virtually no discernable difference in everyday use, torque is available very low down in the 120, at 1750RPM, 4 insurance groups cheaper with very nearly the same fuel economy as the 95HP NA.

Remember though, no overboost, that is restricted to the 155TB and the 1.6D models only.

IMHO a great compromise,
J.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts