Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a pair of new discs for my 3.0 24v and I found this on ebay.

Could anyone tell me what kind of brand it is and how good they are?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,097 Posts

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
as far as i am aware the two cars both have a 98mm PCD, but the fiat only has 4 wheel bolt whereas the GTV has 5. so no, i don't think they will.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks man, I never heard of Pagid before so today Im happy cause I learn something new and useful (not usual)! Anyway, those look like plain replacement discs, wouldnt it be better then just to fit the Brembos? They are cheaper and easier to get here in Spain. Any other recomendation?

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
talking to Ned at autolusso (but it was for a 2.0 twinspark so may not apply) i was told that the standard discs were fine to use, but get better pads. if the same applies to V6s then i guess the standard discs would be fine with some uprated pads. i know that a lot of people on here swear by ferodo DS500 pads(?) but i am sure one of the V6 guys would be able to advise better than me. hope it helps?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Apecs are really cheap, the only problem is that the diameter is 330 and mine is 305. EBC are the option im considering most, they have a dealer here in Spain but like with everything else they stab you twice in the neck before they sell it to you (prices here are like 30% more than there), thats why im trying to find an international Uk dealer or an independent spanish one. Thanks for everything guys!

·
Registered
38,886 Posts
Have you tried Buypartsby? IIRC discs from them are £35 each + vat

They will ship to Spain.

The last discs I bought from them wer Quinton Hazell. (They were not for my GTV though)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Apec look fine to me too, now the choice is Brembo for 140€ in 3 days or Apec for 120€ in a week. Almost decided!! Any votes? Thank you all, really.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts