Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I ordered my MiTo and was given a time scale of 10-12 weeks i accepted this because i understood it needed to be built shipped ect !
my sales man has told me for the last two weeks that it will arrive any day !
I'm loosing patience and wanted to know if anyone has waited longer ? and also any tips on putting pressure on the sales man as i don't want to cancel my order ?

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Erm, there's one or two threads on here discussing people's various problems with waiting times. I'm one of them. My deposit was paid on January 28th and I am still waiting on the car!

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I waited over 5 months for my 159 so don't complain just yet.

Trust me it'll be worth the wait but I totally understand your frustration.

I can't believe it took 5 Months to get you a 159 !!!!!.......

Even though its a lovely Car, I don't think I would have been THAT patient !!!!!......:):)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
The quoted time period was 4 months and then out of the blue I got a note from the lease company saying that it had been delayed a further 5 weeks.

I think the fact that it was a company car didn't help as I couldn't vent my spleen at an actual person from an Alfa dealer. It was a most frustrating time I can tell you.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I waited 6 months for my 147 because the garage mucked the order up, but the good thing was that my part ex was woth £500 less than they had agreed to give me for it.

+1 to the litte man.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
does any one know if the dealer can track the car when it has been sent to the delivery company ? he's telling me he cant which seems crazy given you can track a parcel every 10 inches but not a car !

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
I don't know if they still use the same system for vehicle status from when i sold Alfa's, but the salesman can check on status of the vehicle from the day an order is placed with Alfa in Italy.
If it is showing that it is at Portbury it will have to go through Custom's clearance, go through their "PDI" inspection ( not the same as at a dealer ) , and then handed over to the Vehicle Transport company i.e Walon who transport it to the dealer.
This can take approx 10 to 14 day's from arrival in the U.K.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for that Bidet Fitzakazi, i am told that it was handed over to the delivery company two weeks ago it landed in UK on 05.05.09 the sales man tells be once Walon have the car there is no way of tracking it, is this correct ?

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
That is correct, should have it anyday now, give them a few day's then to PDI the car fit any dealer fit extra's that you may have ordered and valet it.
Make sure you have been given a reg number so you can get an original insurance certificate to them so they can tax and register it for you.
Then Enjoy :thumbs:

·
Registered
818 Posts
I waited 9 weeks for my Mito 1.4 TB 120 - I rang up to enquire after 8 weeks and they told me that I could pick it up just 2 days later. I was very very chuffed!!!!

B

·
0 Posts
I don't know if they still use the same system for vehicle status from when i sold Alfa's, but the salesman can check on status of the vehicle from the day an order is placed with Alfa in Italy.
If it is showing that it is at Portbury it will have to go through Custom's clearance, go through their "PDI" inspection ( not the same as at a dealer ) , and then handed over to the Vehicle Transport company i.e Walon who transport it to the dealer.
This can take approx 10 to 14 day's from arrival in the U.K.
10 to 14 days?! I wish, mine's been getting PDI'ed for 4 flipping weeks!! :mad:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
i waited 5 months for my babe...deposit down on 1st nov08 then had her on 24th mar 09....wat a bloody wait that was...never agen..:cheese:

she is sooooooooo worth it tho...even tho she spent nearly 3 weeks bak at the dealers wen i first had her i love her to bits and wouldnt change her.....well if sumone offered me an 8c i mite consider it :cheese:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
8C? Pah! Crap in comparison to the MITO!
as a weekend car doh!!!!!:cheese:

was gonna pm u cos i saw a black mito goin towards port talbot swansea testaday and thought u mite hav picked urs up.....no news yet???

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Hey Tess, that wasn't me, but keep your eyes peeled because it could be after Saturday. Kelvin emailed me today with the news that my car has arrived. I've got the insurance sorted, so as of 12pm on Saturday I will be legally allowed to drive away with my MITO!!! (I would pick it up sooner but I'm working).

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Excited isn't the word. My first brand new car and most importantly - My first Alfa Romeo. I can't believe it, I'm very fortunate.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
I will have trouble sleeping tonight. I don't know what's happened to me. I'm like a kid at Christmas!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts