Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howsit guys

I'm trying to organise a run to Hartebeespoort with the Fiat guys in the near future.

All my Fiats are currently broken, so I'll be making the mission in my 159. It would be awesome if there were a few more Alfas around.

Posted on the Fiat owners forum:
www.FIATownersSA.co.za ? Login
Howsit everyone,

I'm sure everyone is busy and has already made plans for the holidays, but a slow cruise to Harties to have a milkshake or two sounds like a decent way to end off the year.

Either the 16th of December or that weekend (19th and 20th) seems like a good time to me. I'm a fan of cars, so I have no issue with what brand, make or model everyone drives (as long as it's not electric), I'm sure we can find it in ourselves to appreciate them.

Let me know what you guys think.
Charlin

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Interesting...im in if theres more Alfas.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Howsit guys

I'm trying to organise a run to Hartebeespoort with the Fiat guys in the near future.

All my Fiats are currently broken, so I'll be making the mission in my 159. It would be awesome if there were a few more Alfas around.

Posted on the Fiat owners forum:
www.FIATownersSA.co.za ? Login
The board requires you to be registered and logged in to view that forum.

It sounds like a plan.

Bem Vindo or Squires at the snakepark?
https://www.google.co.za/maps/place/Bem+Vindo/@-25.729146,27.857991,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1s-hVLe8xi6ZdE/VeGigh57oII/AAAAAAAAA1E/ezsxaiyxbPY!2e4!3e12!6s//lh4.googleusercontent.com/-hVLe8xi6ZdE/VeGigh57oII/AAAAAAAAA1E/ezsxaiyxbPY/s188-k-no/!7i4160!8i2340!4m2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0xe16e7390953f5feb!6m1!1e1
BEM VINDO Portuguese Restaurant « HEY HEYRESTAURANTS

Squires on the Dam Restaurant « HEY HEYRESTAURANTS

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I will be in too for that weekend, got a braai to go on the 16th. So far Kenny, Gertie and Lance are in?

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Make it the weekend

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
no more alfas... alas

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
She needs new exhaust then also up for sale

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Planned route

How does this sound?

*Meeting at the McDonalds at Fourways crossing.
*Start our journey down Fourways Blvd and turn right onto Cedar.
*Travel all the way down, cross over the Krugersdorp highway and turn right onto Malibongwe.
*Go past Lanseria and then the scenic route begins, do about 20km ups and downs and swooping bends (watch out for bikes).
*Eventually come to a T-junction, turn right on to the R512 that takes you through Broodestroom.
*Drive that route for about 10km, look out for a right turn (R512) at Arrows Rest which will take us over the dam via the bridge.
*Arrive at a T-junction again where we turn right, travel the route for about 10 km and we arrive at a big intersection where we find garages on opposite corners, if we turn left at the intersection we will find some pubs and like flea market setup, if we turn right we go over the dam wall.
*Once through the tunnel we will meander through some nice bends and scenery but be warned its a 40km speed limit.
* Now we enter Hartebeespoort where we will find a nice pub where all the bikers stop on there breakfast runs, opposite the pub is a reptile park, also a nice visit?
*The route back is simple, carry on straight through Hartebeespoort for about 10km, go over the mountains and turn right at the Sasol garage, on this road you'll find the on-ramp to the old N4 which takes us into PTA or carry on straight till we come to a T-junction (R104), turn right there do about 5km and we back at the T-junction to Broodestroom.

There's a few pub suggestions to stop at:
Squires
Bem Vindo

Judging from the feedback it seems like Sunday the 20th is the most convenient date for everyone, I'm guessing that some guys have prior engagements on the 16th and might want to do last minute Xmas shopping on the 19th. Any objections?

I rate it's going to be a good one

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Scorpione is stripped at the moment for the methanol install. If it's done then yes

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Meth install is like half a day or less guy...please drill the bung properly, but wait, I don't have to tell you that.

Bring the car I'd like to see/hear/test drive it.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
It's being done properly with controller. Controller has built in map sensor. Doing filter as well

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
How does this sound?

*Go past Lanseria and then the scenic route begins, do about 20km ups and downs and swooping bends (watch out for bikes).
*Eventually come to a T-junction, turn right on to the R512 that takes you through Broodestroom.
:teacher: just a correction, at the R104 / R512 T-Junction turn LEFT to Broederstroom. We can pull over at that Sasol just to compact the group again and giggle a bit.
https://www.google.co.za/maps/@-25.7964254,27.891664,15.37z

Other than that the route is nice and not too holy.

20th can work yes. :thumbs:

I still think driving over the wall and through the tunnel before we stop is better, but an alternative at the 4-Way stop pubs area:
http://www.theupperdeck.co.za/

1 - 20 of 69 Posts