Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I've had the MITO for exactly a week now and before I bought it I was always a little worried about the 'harsh ride' comments in reviews etc. I am aware that Alfa seem to have slipped-up and given out cars with the wrong suspension set-up. If this is true then it is unforgiveable that they should make such an error.

The MITO, certainly in comparison to my previous car (Fiesta ST), is much more comfortable and well insulated from exterior noise. It's perfectly acceptable for a small car and MUCH better than the new Fiesta which feels like you're sitting in tin foil.

It's no Jaguar comfort-wise, and I don't think people should have expected as such. If they were then they're clearly idiots.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
it can't be much worse than my mk3 vauxhall astra which constantly vibrates and crashes over any bump in the road and shakes about at high speeds. And i don't care, I find it quite comfortable actually. So i don't get why people make such a big deal about comfort. they should try riding a bike..

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm with you guys, I don't know what all the fuss is about with the press reviews, my previous car a focus would always let crashes and bumps through into the cabin, the MiTo seems quite good at absorbing them, it is quite tight inside with virtually no squeeks and rattles, quite surprised really as I had accepted that it would be a bit on the harsh side anyway and was prepared to put up with it...

J.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I only ever had my test drive but I thought the general feel of the car was at least on a par with the 156 I owned. I am sure I will be shot down by some on here for saying that :) But it felt like a proper car to me much better then the Mini rental I had a couple of years back when visiting customers in Spain,

·
Registered
467 Posts
It you think the ride on the MiTo is harsh, try driving a Honda Civic Type S, that is awful

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
It you think the ride on the MiTo is harsh, try driving a Honda Civic Type S, that is awful
That's true. In Jeremy Clarkson's words, even if you're a teenager used to sleeping on the floor at parties and getting stabbed, the ride is still unbearable. or something like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts