Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
17,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You have probably seen the advertising. Have any of you tried them? Any good or marketing fad? I bought them to try (hardly living on the edge lol); slick packaging, but not sure shave-wise what the big deal is over a multiblade Gillette. Plus, the blades seem to blunt more quickly than others - after three shaves i’d say they pretty much ready for the bin. I don’t think my stubble has turned into iron filings overnight, so I thought they have have lasted a bit longer.

Be curious to hear if you have tried them and what you think.

·
Registered
12,520 Posts
Never been tempted.

I’ve used supermarket special offer razors for years, always satisfied with them.

Bull**** and marketing is my opinion of Harry’s.

·
Super Moderator
44,926 Posts
Nah. The marketing is a load of bull, trying to separate themselves from the usual disposable multiblade manufacturers by ... manufacturing the usual multiblade disposables.

If you really want to move away from that type of shaver, you want to get yourself a Double Edged Safety Razor. The bit you throw is only the blade, and it costs a few pence.

·
Registered
17,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve been ‘ad! : )

Ok, I think we can file this exercise under the More Important Testing category ; )

·
Registered
17,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Keithy, do you get six months from one head thingy?

·
Registered
37,542 Posts
Yup, I’m a bit lax when it comes to switching ‘em out. I only wet shave a couple of times a week now so that helps, but I just lather properly, use plenty of hot water and take my time. Hate disposables. Used Mach 1/2/3 for forever now.

·
Registered
32,257 Posts
When there were shops , the razor was the most shoplifted item. Now it’s posted direct by Harry the loss due to theft is saved!

·
Registered
17,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@ Keithy - never considered that before. Going slow preserves the blades? Yeah, guess it can. Do you use foam or gel?

@ cue - Correct. When I worked at Waitrose as a kid, I remember it was razors, alcohol and ladies tights that were the store’s most stolen items (and boy did I get pretty damn good at sneaking them out when I left after my shifts)

·
Registered
12,520 Posts
When there were shops , the razor was the most shoplifted item. Now it’s posted direct by Harry the loss due to theft is saved!
Bacon coffee and razor blades could be bought in the Willow Park Hotel next door to the Spar supermarket any time of day. :lol:

·
Registered
17,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pretty sure I had bacon, coffee and razor blades for breakfast from a caff in Slough.

: )

·
Super Moderator
44,926 Posts
When I worked in the local Co-Op, I once chased a fella out of the store with tins of stewing steak flying out of his bomber jacket in all directions.

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
I'm the same as Keithy. Gillette Mach razor. Buy a big pack of razor blades about once a year. Each blade seems to last for ever. Some people I know change the blades every few days! Maybe I have very soft facial hair - or very tough skin.

·
Registered
12,520 Posts
Same as Keithy and alfabeat, my blades last ages.

I’m still using up a jumbo pack I bought in America about 3 years ago, they were as cheap as chips, Walgreens own brand.

But, I don’t work so I only shave when ordered by Mrs. V :vs_lol:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Have tried them but didn't get on with them, the ones i had were a fixed head which I didn't like... went for Wilkinson Sword since Gillette lost the plot..

·
Registered
37,204 Posts
I have used Mach 3's for as long as I can remember.

They work well for me and the blades last ages so I have never really felt the need to change.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Wouldnt try Harry’s razors if it were free. Cheap and nasty.

Keithy, on the other hand (a forum treasure I must add) knows his stuff about the intricacies and laborious task shaving demands, and would consider putting down coin on Keithy’s Razors anytime.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
March 3 razor, nivea shaving gel (for sensitive skin of course :angel:) and then shave in a hot shower.

Gets a close shave and smooth face.

3 shaves a week at the most. Blades last ages

Job jobbed!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts