Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must confess I have zero interest in football.

but... I have thoroughly enjoyed Harry’s Heros on TV. Good laughs, nice clean humour, seemingly decent folks. I now get why people with no interest in cars really liked Top Gear.

I suspect I will never mention football again after this thread :) A good show 👍

·
Registered
6,261 Posts
I know what you mean, Scud.

I have no interest in American football. Zero. Less than zero. I don't know the rules of the game. I really hate the attitudes that go along with it and the culture it promotes. You get the picture.

So what's one of the shows I actually enjoy watching? Go on, you're unlike to guess. I'll give you a minute.

Ballers

It's a football show. It seems to love to film strip club scenes and pool parties and all sorts of places where women are undressed and used as nothing but props. Part of me cringes whenever I end up watching it.

All that said, it seems to attract a really talented roster of regular actors and guests stars who are mostly really likable (I could happily live without Russell Brand or without so much Russell Brand). It actually has a plot that plays out throughout not just the episodes but the seasons. It's a well-put-together show, and I find myself coming back to it again and again.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tor, I get you!

It is surprising in life that, sometimes, what we really like, is the thing we think we will least like 👍

1 - 3 of 3 Posts