Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Hard to engage gear Alfa 147 JTD

9279 Views 12 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  richard65
Hi mates, a bit of a problem, need help :(

My car is 147 JTD 115hp 8v

I will try to explain as detail as possible. Couple a weeks ago i notice that i cannot engage in 1st and reverse gear.. Next day all were fine. Problem came back sine 2-3 days ago. A real struggle to put in 1 st gear, going from 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 was not that hard but not as smooth as it should be, again gear change was easier as i go in higher gear. So here is the state of other components that should influence the diagnose:

1. This only happens when engine is running
2. Clutch pedal seems fine (not hard to press) but a little bit more soft or it is a placebo effect.
3. When i put in gear (with a force) RPM doesn`t move, it stays at 800-850
4. Bitting point is normal, clutch seems fine no slipping
5. No errors on dash.

So my concern is that i dont want to end up changing everything just to find the problem :rant:. As I managed to search the forum, solution can be starting from 5 euro with the top hats of the gear linkages, 30 euro for changing gearbox oil (witch was on my schedule) to changing clutch kit. Normally I hope for the top hats and gearbox oil as a solution.

So i ask for help what can it really be the problem. If any question please write.

Thanks for your time.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.