Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I got my 155 I decided to beef up the sound system. Alfa factory fitted speakers have great high end in the cars but lack bass. SO I got some nice Clarions and fitted a Sony Cd player. However the CD player seemed to skip regularly even with new CD's in it. I was under the impression that the manufacturers had sorted this out with hardcore anti skip mechanisms. Anyway, I got sent 3 new replacements and they all do the same, which makes me wonder if the harder than usual suspension is the most likely cause.

Does anyone else have this problem? Its a £200 CD player (cd xr3300)

Cheers.....

155 ECU for sale. £30 + postage......

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:tut: Hell ya suspension must be hard!!! Aint never heard of this problem in a 155 before!! Did the player have some sort of transport lock to remove before instalation? Some do so the anti-shock doesnt get dammaged in transit!! Worth checking as Sony do a good product!! Got a Sony minidisc in mine!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I had exactly that problem with the Aiwa unit in my 75TS. It didn't really have hard suspension, but rather than back off the dampers, I changed the unit to a Kenwood to fix it. Shame it didn't have the bass of the Aiwa though.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
put a 6 disc cd changer in the boot. never a problem despite sharp speed ramps and potholes

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Multichangers are better shock protected on the whole.

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
The Sony CDX-C560RDS (standard Alfa fit) in my 145 TS will skip occasionally if I hit a big bump; I blame the suspension!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts