Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I'd post up some pics of my GTV restoration. The paint on this has been a real challenge, as the previous owners didn't really make much effort on the cleaning and in fact there was loads of scratches where they had used a scouring pad to clean the car !!

The following is the result of two solid days, involving the use if lots of tar remover, numerous clay bars, several cutting pads and lots of elbow grease. Plus the dent man spending several hours beforehand getting rid of all the supermarket door dinks!

I think the pictures speak for themselves...

I also refurbed the Brembo calipers whilst the wheels are off being powder coated.

Plenty more things to do though so this is the start of a long journey for me with this car...

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That looks nice. Did you have any before shots?

Annoyingly no through mainly my eagerness to get stuck in to this project, but also that the clutch was slipping badly when I bought her so she went straight into the garage and hasn't come out yet !!

These are the only before pictures I have but you can't see the horrific scratches and swirls on this.

Note the addition of a new Raggazon exhaust too :)

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To add I was amazed how well the rear light bar came up with a mop, looks like new now.

I even mopped the headlamp lenses to get rid of the scratches. Touch of the OCD I think

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
That paintwork is just dripping wet - gorgeous!!
What products did you use?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That paintwork is just dripping wet - gorgeous!!
What products did you use?

Thanks, I used a Flex rotary this time which is so easy to use, almost effortless compared to other rotaries I've tried.

Compounds were 3M Super Cut (green top) as the paint was so badly marred, on the less bad areas Megs Ultimate Compound. Then final correction was finished in Megs Ultimate finishing compound.

I've only give her two coats of Chemical Guys Jet Seal 109 so far as I ran out of time. I will ultimately finish with Wolfs Hardbody Nano Sealant to give it a really durable protective coating.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To update the wheels are back from the powdercoaters finally and look mint. Should get the car back on the road today all being well !!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A6 ... do you do other cars or just your own... lol

Just my own :) it's damn hard work I can tell you. These professional detailers really do earn their money as it's so labour intensive, but equally rewarding.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts