Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone from Adrian Flux, renewal time in a week, have scoured the interweb and telephone to find a decent quote to no avail.

The quotes range from £400 to £800. I'm 40 (so old) and drive a 1.9 diesel saloon car! So why the stupid prices?!

Anyway, Flux gave me a quote for £371, with a total excess of £200. So I'm happy with that.

Worth a call if your renewal is up. Worked for me. :)

·
Premium Member
42,857 Posts
Last time I phoned them... I guess I didn't fulfill their criteria :eek:

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The whole car insurance business is literally mental. If you don't fit a companies preferred criteria you are stuffed.
I am still stunned at some of the quotes I was getting elsewhere, DirectLine was over £500, LandV were over £600. Madness.

I have phoned Flux before (they still had my details on file) and the quote wasn't great, but this time I must fit the criteria!

·
Premium Member
42,857 Posts
I think my current price with Direct Line is just under £250 .... my previous insurer More Than wanted over £440 :eek:

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The nice chap on the phone said that if I had a sensible car, like a Focus, I would be looking at prices like yours.

But I still don't get it, I work in education, so a safe profession, live in a "nice" postcode, am old, have a lower capacity diesel. So why the daft money?!

Oh well, its paid and on its way. Shame every third car that passes me isn't insured......

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never had to do this before, but as well as sending proof of my no claims discount I have had to send copies of my paper and card driving license.

I hope that SP50 from 7 years ago doesn't come back and bite me on the rear! They only asked for the past 5 years, but it is still on my license.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I used tesco compare and found the quotes at least £80 Cheaper than any other compare web site .....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Adrian Flux dont seem to want to insure me either?...
I was previously paying £476 to TheGreenInsCo for my Saab 9-3Tid. Just insured my Brera 2.4JTDm through OneQuoteDirect.com for £315!!!!

One very happy Alfa owner!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am 57 and my wife is 47 (I know this helps) both have full NCD, we have 2 Alfa's (2007 159 SW 2.4) (2008 Spider 2.4), both cost about £260 Full Comp, one is with Esure and the other is Sheila's wheels (which I believe is an Esure offshoot)

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Adrian Flux were the most competitive for me this year, they matched another quote for me aswell as matching the excess so with all mods declared and limited mileage 399 with 10 payments of 39.9 i am happy with that. i be much happier if it goes down for next year though :) and im only 27

1 - 11 of 11 Posts