Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully I am not jinxing myself cos my MOT is due next month but i just thought I would post a 1 year update

I have have my 159 for almost 1 year now and i LOVE IT. The novelty has not worn off. It is the best car ever I still have to look back at it as i walk away. I think the 159 is one of the best looking cars on the road (bar a few super cars)

I have had to do quite a bit of work on it but when you enjoy owning a car like this you don't mind.

That it. no more to say, I just thought i would break up the doom and gloom that unfortunately these cars can cause.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Had mine for 5 years now, would only swap it for an older Alfa, which would be totaly unsuitable for me. Great car enjoy owning it never mind driving it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Mrs has had hers since Dec, wouldnt change it for anything, a few niggly bits but ive owned fiats for nearly 8 years... im both used to and responsible for it

We couldn't find a car (apart from camaros, mustangs, challengers, chargers, 350Zs) that she actually wanted to own. she fell in love with the Brera initially but due to an upcoming new arrival it had to be a 4-5 door. i NEARLY managed to persuede her into an Integrale but the alfa won. She likes low, wide and 'fast' cars with presence (bearing in mind the day she passed her test she was gifted a Gen 6 Toyota Celica GT, because i may or may not have totalled her Seicento) and theres just NOTHING like that in the UK market that inspired her, the Coupe i now roll round in is about as narrow as she could accept.

Reactions: goram

·
Registered
7,549 Posts
Mrs has had hers since Dec, wouldnt change it for anything, a few niggly bits but ive owned fiats for nearly 8 years... im both used to and responsible for it

We couldn't find a car (apart from camaros, mustangs, challengers, chargers, 350Zs) that she actually wanted to own. she fell in love with the Brera initially but due to an upcoming new arrival it had to be a 4-5 door. i NEARLY managed to persuede her into an Integrale but the alfa won. She likes low, wide and 'fast' cars with presence (bearing in mind the day she passed her test she was gifted a Gen 6 Toyota Celica GT, because i may or may not have totalled her Seicento) and theres just NOTHING like that in the UK market that inspired her, the Coupe i now roll round in is about as narrow as she could accept.
Sounds like a top lass :thumbup:.

What ''Coupe'' are you rolling round in? Fiat?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Sounds like a top lass :thumbup:.

What ''Coupe'' are you rolling round in? Fiat?
she has her moments ;)

yeah 20v (not turbo :( ) in portofino blue... aka purple... :jester:

·
Registered
7,549 Posts
she has her moments ;)

yeah 20v (not turbo :( ) in portofino blue... aka purple... :jester:
:thumbup: Love those Fiat Coupes.
If Alfa weren't producing the GTV at exactly the same time I'd have had one, no doubt about that.
The more glamorous badge won that fight.
Saw a dark blue Fiat Coupe the other day and it still looked the business.

·
Registered
332 Posts
the 20v is by far the best sounding one, its like a 5 cylinder symphony.
i just had a 'Longlife' maniback stainless system put on by Motormech in brum and its given it a whole new life, i find myself regularly dropping it a cog or 2 just for the aural satisfaction and HUGE smile it brings

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hopefully I am not jinxing myself cos my MOT is due next month but i just thought I would post a 1 year update

I have have my 159 for almost 1 year now and i LOVE IT. The novelty has not worn off. It is the best car ever I still have to look back at it as i walk away. I think the 159 is one of the best looking cars on the road (bar a few super cars)

I have had to do quite a bit of work on it but when you enjoy owning a car like this you don't mind.

That it. no more to say, I just thought i would break up the doom and gloom that unfortunately these cars can cause.
I had to replace my battery in the first week of ownership. Since then (two years now) the car has been ultra dependable. It sits parked for two weeks at a time (four after our last holiday) and fires up instantly when we need it. Great.

I was impressed this week when I left my lights on by mistake. The car must shut them off after a while by itself. They come back on with the ignition. I've been surprised a couple of times when I thought I should have returned to a flat battery. Cool. :thumbup:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just picked up a Brera 2.4 yesterday.Thats after 3 years of Gt 1 9 ownership. Loved the Gt so hopefully will love my new Brera.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts