Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I purchased a mito back in July and it will be arriving shortly. Just had it registered to prioritize it out of the warehouse. Since i ordered the car, I have read through the Forum and see alot of negative comments around the paint work and rattling seats and funny warning lights etc etc.

Never the less - none of this bothers me one bit!

What i would like to hear, is all the good things about peoples MITO's!!!

I ordered a Mito Veloce 135 :) etna black of corse.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Had mine twelve months and not an once of trouble so far. It survived last winters snow without blowing up. I has a small patch of three tiny stone chips that's all and it's Alfa Red. The front seat has just started creaking a little in very hot weather, but I find I can cure it by adjusting the lumber support. Oh and my wife says I now drive like a lunatic.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Had mine 5 and abit months now and no problems really. The cars absolutely awesome. It's a car where as you park up in the supermarket car park, you don't just work away and get your shopping, you walk and then turn to admire how cool and beautiful and unique it looks. Etna black is a fantastic choice also as it's one of the best colours for MiTo and in the sun (if we ever get any :(), WOW it looks good. Ow and by the way, once you've stopped looking at it, it drives pretty dam well too. Love the handling. So enjoy. :D.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Picked mine up last week. Absolutely loving it. I only wish the arm rests were a bit closer for long trips as I am a relatively skinny chap. mitomatt is 100% right. I park up (as far away from other people as possible) and walk backwards to the shops so I can look at the car :p

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi

I would say that some of the issues you see here have been sorted to a certain extent. I have a red Mito with tan leather seats and even with the smallest engine is sooooo sweet to drive! I am in love with the car and everybody likes it - it has been a social success. My family and friends like it and are always looking for a reason to go on my Mito. At the posh company I work for, all my posh mates love the car too.

What can I say... it's the cutest thing ever :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
21 000km done and not problems. Most come here to complain and to sort some issues, happy people usually do not go to forums :)

B

·
0 Posts
Only had mine a couple of months and only done 2000 miles.
Zero problems so far and am very impressed with the way it drives mainly.
The cloverleaf is a wolf in sheeps clothing!
Goes well when pressed but is a normal enjoyable day to day car when required, (unlike the sports cars I've owned in the past which are good at going fast but crap to live with)

Handles well, has a bit of grunt, can be Economical, looks fantastic, long service intervals and competitive price is the reason I bought ours.

The problems listed on this forum and the Alfa build quality issues that always come up as soon as anybody mentions the brand are things which nearly stopped me going ahead with the purchase.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Just gone over 18k miles in my 155 and no problems at all to report.
Mine too, it's just had it's 18k service. The mechanic said it was in fine form and I've not had any problems with mine. TBH most of the problems mentioned here are all cleaned up relatively quickly and any work is covered under warranty anyway. The MiTo is a stunning looking car, it never fails to turn heads and it's so pleasing to the eye, once you own one you won't stop looking at it and smiling to yourself. :thumbs:

Enjoy ;)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi Justdoit486
I've had a MiTo Veloce in Etna Black since July and I love it. As others have said, there are some small niggles, but the fun you have driving more than makes up for it. You'll never tire of the admiring glances you get as your driving along or parked at the supermarket. Also, I never knew a switch could be some much fun, flicking from N to D and feeling the acceleration never fails to make me smile. Enjoy! :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
1 year anniversary here and 18000+ miles without any problems whatsoever

potholes, cold & general snow, hot weather, long many 100 mile trips all overcome with ease

enjoy your new purchase - i'm sure you will. test drove a 135 and they have really made the general drive a much better one. :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
4 month, 4000 miles, faultless. Wonderful car in every respect. Just don't bother buying supaguard and get it properly detailed instead.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
18 months, 14,000 miles, faultless and still loving it :D

But I would like to upgrade to a 159ti but can't afford it yet :lol:

M

·
0 Posts
The main purpose of this lounge is to help each other when problems do occur, so most of the posts will be negative.

Anyway, I'm a very happy Mito owner with a very reliable and well built little car (even if I have had a partial respray).
+ 1 but without the respray issue.

(well +2 actually since we have 2 with no issues.:))

·
Registered
117 Posts
One year and 10,000 miles with no issues whatsoever other than a small plastic screw surround falling off in the boot.
As others have said it can be anything from a sensible to hatchback to a hooligans delight dependant upon what mood you're in and what you do with the magic switch in front of the gearstick. Love it!

Only complaint I have is that the USB connector is poorly located and front of the handbrake which means I nearly snap my memory stick in half every time I go for the lever. If it was located more to the drivers side it wouldn't be an issue which makes me think it's something that's been overlooked in the RHD conversion.

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
:)i had an etna 95bhp, loads of probs with her.....but loved her to bits, couldnt take my eyes off her and constantly looked out the window or looked back at her when parked up miles from the shop in case someone dinged her...

then

i saw my bianscopino white 170bhp QV and omg im even more smitten, i totally love her, she is bloody awesum and so far 4 months down the line she has been trouble free..

the moral of the story is.....even if they have lots of probs, we still love them, they are special, beautiful, eye catching cars and they are alfa romeo, what more do we want....:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Have my CL since 5 months, 4.500 miles without any problems. Okay, some strange noise (like an old screetching door) from top right side at the back but this is cooling down the longer you drive. How do they say in Giuletta-Spot "Without a heart we´d be machines only" :) I love my Blu Tornado CL and can agree to what´s stated here, I park it far away from other cars and love to walk to it when coming back and when being parked in front of our flat I look out of the window all the time ;) Fine and cute successor to the 147 I had, full of Power but still economic if you want it to be, people look at it (mostly from behind :lol:), so congratulation to your fine choice :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 257 Posts