Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my GTA from having it's 48k service and apart from needing two new tyres :rolleyes: everything else is in tip top order :D

Will make a cracking buy for someone when I put it up for sale. Keep those eyes peeled ;)

Just going out to clean it now...hasn't it had a good day!!!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Thanks Damien. It's a superb car. Just a shame it costs £40 a week in fuel

How far does that get you then Graham?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How far does that get you then Graham?
It's hard to say as I do loads of short journies each week with my job. Probably about 120-180 miles tops each week. I very rarely go on the motorway and with living and working in the City you can imagine the traffic I sit in etc. I drive with a very heavy right foot though....the reason for owning a GTA at the end of the day. I could easily reduce my fuel bills if needed :lol:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hmmmm......I do similar miles on £30 a week in my jts, but it would be a hell of a lot more fun in a GTA:D.....maybe one day:)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmmm......I do similar miles on £30 a week in my jts, but it would be a hell of a lot more fun in a GTA:D.....maybe one day:)
I found that the JTS was about that too....but the JTS cried out to be revved right to the top hence the extra fuel I'm thinking. The 48k service on my GTA just cost me £175. I don't think that was massively different to the price I have paid in my 2.0 litre Alfa from the past

·
Registered
644 Posts
I do a quite a few short journeys too and i do like to use the top end of the rev range from time to time on the right roads, but i can also get up to 38mpg on the display unit on a run to work!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Graham you should read my thread I started a few minutes ago ... I have reached an "enlightened" state of GTA ownership after seeing a whole tank of fuel obliterated well within 200 miles or so.

I take am fresh from a great service ... 65k for me. Only points being a very small tear in n/s CV boot and corroded backbox, so I'm very chuffed too. The guys commented on how well it drove and how smooth and clear the paintwork was, was well chuffed :cool::D:lol:

I still love those teledials :cool: and red :thumbs:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts